What tattoo should i get?

I think that is a lovely idea.

I had a red rose tattooed top of my arm in memory of my mum. I wear it with pride and am proud to show it off.

I would say go for it as long as you're happy with your choice of what to have but I think a pink bow would be appropriate

I think these sound sensible tattoos which will never be regretted.

Sadly when I was tattooed many years ago not much thought went into the design beforehand.

It was a trip to Charlie Johnsons on Wilkinson Street, look at the deasigns, see what you could afford and appealed at the time.

im not just having one done because im 18 ive wanted one for quite some time now but obviously ive not been old enough.

And thats not just the same thing, but in different words?!

Are you any good at drawing? Or do you know anyone who is? I think the best tattoos are individual to the person, not just something you picked off the tattooist's wall that hundreds of other people probably have too.

There are lots of things which have a minimum age limit on doing them, but passing that age doesn't imply that you HAVE to do them. It's not obligatory to start smoking when it's legal to buy tobacco, for instance, or to get married just because you can.

I think the same applies to tattoos- they should be done only when you know what you're committing yourself to. Mistakes in the tattoo world can be every bit as expensive as a divorce!

Tattoos are cheap, nasty and very, very liable to changes in fashion.

Personally, I jump to negative conclusions about anyone I know who has a tattoo. It doesn't matter what it is or where it is, if they've decided to have indellible ink injected under their skin in hope that it somehow makes them more complete/attractive, then it tells me they have underlying issues with body image/confidence/acceptance.

People are perfect the way they are naturally, just because that's the way they are.

I have to agree. To me nothing screams 'chav' or 'violent thug' quite like a visible tattoo.

I think that at 18 you're too immature to have a tattoo, but if you must have one, have it in a place where only those closest to you can see it and that can be easily covered up in public.

You need to think long and hard about this. Im 42, got 3 tats, had them for 20 years AND REGRET ALL 3 :(

Me too, I'm 40 year old female, I had my first tattoo at 21 (parents wouldn't let me have one before) then had another 2 at 25 and another 2 at 30, stupidly had my ex's name on my back so when I got married last year I wanted it covering, the tattooist reassured me and said he would do a fantastic job, so he covered a 4 letter tattoo with a bloody great dragon! I was gutted! but I'm stuck with them all now even though I thought I would love them forever and that they were in places that could be covered in older age.

DONT DO IT!!!

You need to think long and hard about this. Im 42, got 3 tats, had them for 20 years AND REGRET ALL 3 :(

I'm 42 also, got both arms tattoed from wrist to shoulder and my back covered, never regretted it, and never will.

These threads (like most on SF) are very predictable in their course/comments.

I'm 42 also, got both arms tattoed from wrist to shoulder and my back covered, never regretted it, and never will.

These threads (like most on SF) are very predictable in their course/comments.

I've soon no course comments, are you upset becuase most of the reasonable/sensible comments are anti tattoo

Archived