What tattoo should i get?

I agree but the important point nowadays is what you have bracketed.

They were always a sign of rebellion, being different etc.

I don't agree, historically people from all walks of life have had them, for various reasons.

It used to be very common for women to have their make-up tattooed on, hardly a rebelious act.

Moko tattoos have nothign to do with rebelion or being "different" they have deep significance to the owner, his family, and the community generally.

I don't agree, historically people from all walks of life have had them, for various reasons.

Historically it was mainly the working class who were tattooed although there were some famous exceptions.

It used to be very common for women to have their make-up tattooed on, hardly a rebelious act.

Some women did have tattooed make up but very few. I believe it was a Mr. Burchet from the Waterloo Road, London in the early 1900s who started doing this as well as trying to cover skin blemishes by tattooing.

Moko tattoos have nothign to do with rebelion or being "different" they have deep significance to the owner, his family, and the community generally.

What are MOKO tattoos ?

Archived