Rib Shack - West One Plaza

Angles

I went for the first time today. Quick summary.

1.Ribs excellent

2. Very stingy portions of chips, not like in the photo in the exposed magazine advert. Nowhere in Sheffield survives being stingy with their portions.

3. Very odd decor. Where was the wood and neon? Didn't seem the right atmosphere for a place called rib shack. Trying to be stylish and minamalist with decor and furniture but having cowgirls as waitresses is just odd. If you're going to play music turn it up to a level where it can be heard and enjoyed.

4. A bit pricey for what it is. £13 for full rack of ribs and a handfull of chips.

£4.20 for a bottle of desperados.

5. Ribs EXCELLENT. Nice bread for the sandwiches too.

I wouldn't say avoid it, but approach with caution. Hopefully it's still a work in progress as they've got the hardest part right.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most sexist place ever. Seriously, there's an approving picture of a cowboy spanking a woman over his knee on the wall.

Also, the food is ****e. I've eaten proper barbecue in the USA, and this does not compare. It's just disgusting junk food.

Avoid if your morals are anything remotely post-1940.

I went last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had the nacho starter and half a rack of ribs with pulled beef sarnie. All the food was tasty and I even left a little due to the size of the portions.

I've been eating out once a week in city centre restaurants for the last 20 years......The cost was just over £40 for two of us.....I'd say that is about middle of the road.

Regards

Doom

My family of six and I ate at the Ribshack on Saturday evening after purchasing a Groupon voucher. We all opted for the rib combo/ribs and most were pleased. Hubby thought it was awful! The coleslaw portion was practically non-existant. I really should have sent it back. The half rack of ribs in the combo should consist of 5-6 ribs....I had 3! Portion sizes were small and did not reflect the £13.99 price tag! 5 of us ordered dessert. One just wanted a small bowl of icecream and was charged £4.99!! We all agreed that we wouldn't dine there again as there are better places in Sheffield that offer good value for money. The groupon voucher helped towards the £120 bill. Had I been paying full-price I would have been EXTREMELY disappointed!

I agree the decor just doesn't work with the menu and whole dining experience! Its just too minimalist!

I ate there on Friday using the living social deal had the nachos to start to share and then the ribs combo with pulled pork sandwich. Although we had two meals the ribs were different sizes on each plate but by the end of the meal I was full up. I had no room to drink after. I would go again perhaps on a Monday or Tuesday when they have the burger offer on and give them a try. I'd like to mention the numerous ppl falling up the stairs though, don't know if anyone else noticed this.

The wife and I went there last night - it was horrible.

We shared the nachos as a starter. They arrived less than a minute after ordering them. They were vile - the 'nachos' tasted like Jacobs Crackers - the cheese was disgusting.

I had pulled pork and fries for my main - the 'fries' were cold and not properly formed, the salad was limp and sad. The wife had the chicken with bacon - the meat was not too bad - but again the fries were cold and the salad poor.

It is far worse than Moo-Lala - and that didn't last very long.....

The Ribshack in Meadowhall was excellent when I ate there in the summer, however the one in West One..

1) Full of smoke, no extraction system appeared to be working

2) Lots of people in there, good, however they were all on the back of a Groupon voucher, we were giving a 1hr time limit !

3) Lots of waiting staff, however very few chefs and took a long time to get our meal

4) The mixed platter was amazing

5) My burger contained a chicken bone, not impressed at all. Very little in the way of an apology, however it was taken off the bill. (not that I would have paid for it..)

So, go to the Meadowhall one.

Archived