Rib Shack - West One Plaza

Angles

Well....I can honestly say i will NEVER be going back here again.

Our waitress was utterly clueless to start with. We had our Groupon voucher and couldnt actually get a table until 9pm. My husband ordered the 16oz steak but they had RUN OUT! Ridiculous. They said he could have a 12oz Rib Eye instead but he was obviously very disappointed. He spoke to the waitress and she said she would speak to the manager and see what they could do (how can a steak house run out of steak?!) and came back and said they would give us the Rib Eye for the same price as the 16oz. I odnt know what planet she was on but the 16oz was more expensive and we had a Groupon voucher anywy so the price was irrelevant. We did manage to get a free bottle of wine though.

And when we sat down, a guy next to us leaned over and said, this is my second visit, the first time i was left waiting for an hour and a half for my starter so they gave him that meal free and he was back to use the voucher for a second time!

I asked what the fish was and they said some spicy slamon whichi was perfectly happy with.

We both had nachos to start with, i had 3 bean chilli and the husband had meat. The starter was actually very nice but the portion was far too big.

Then the mains came....TUNA? What? I ordered Salmon. To be honest i didnt care, i love Tuna and it was cooked well. It came with some wierd green stuff though that i didnt like. The coleslaw was nice and the sweet potato chips were ok but a little burnt.

I ordered a side of onion rings that were phenomenal. Probably the best thing we ate.

I would never go back and wouldnt recommend it at all.

I went again last night and the service was spot on.

No complaints about the food either, although a minor gripe would be that the ribs were quite small with not as much meat on as my previous visit.

Assuming this doesn't go the same way as previous restaurants in West One, I will be back again in a few months time.

Regards

Doom

I went a couple of weeks ago. Had nachos and chilli for starters which were yum. Had the chicken wings too but they were bland. My partner had the ribs and steak sandwich - the sandwich was soo tasty. I had piri piri chicken which was a let down. Would go again though, but probably wouldn't without a groupon

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the groupon voucher, but didn't read all the small print until too late. I was going to go with my daughter, but in the small print it said it was minimum age 18 with ID required, so does anyone know if that is a strict policy, as my daughter is only 16?

It is valid until mid-November, so if they do allow under 18's in then we could still use it.

• 3 months later...

Archived