Rib Shack - West One Plaza

Angles

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it's gone. I was planning to go to the one at WestOne when my Mum and younger brothers came up to visit in half term.

We went and saw it had been replaced with a place called Route 66 I think. It had the similar Cowboy decor and served ribs so we were happy to stay.

For the two hours we were there, no other people came in or were already in the restaurant.

The menu was sparse and printed on one side of A4 paper with just a selection of mains. There was not a kids menu either meaning my 7-year-old brother ordered a half rack of ribs.

No desserts were listed and there was no drinks menu other than the cheap alcoholic drink deals stuck on the front of the bar advertising to the night visitors who may have come in that night.

Staff were friendly but clearly bored due to the lack of custom. My ribs and chips arrived cold and we weren't given any salt/pepper, simply barbecue sauce.

Portion sizes were tiny and we left without a tip.

Would not recommend.

Yeah it's gone. I was planning to go to the one at WestOne when my Mum and younger brothers came up to visit in half term.

We went and saw it had been replaced with a place called Route 66 I think. It had the similar Cowboy decor and served ribs so we were happy to stay.

For the two hours we were there, no other people came in or were already in the restaurant.

The menu was sparse and printed on one side of A4 paper with just a selection of mains. There was not a kids menu either meaning my 7-year-old brother ordered a half rack of ribs.

No desserts were listed and there was no drinks menu other than the cheap alcoholic drink deals stuck on the front of the bar advertising to the night visitors who may have come in that night.

Staff were friendly but clearly bored due to the lack of custom. My ribs and chips arrived cold and we weren't given any salt/pepper, simply barbecue sauce.

Portion sizes were tiny and we left without a tip.

Would not recommend.

Same owner, different name. It's what they do when they go bust.

Same owner, different name. It's what they do when they go bust.

no doubt the telegraph will be along any moment with a typical glowing review and an article about how the local entrepreneur / businessman* has refinanced the business and plans great and wonderful things...

* crook

• 2 months later...

Just to all you guys who are accusing the owners of somehow profiting from the closure of their business. One of the owners fetched there little girl to my daughters party today.

They are on the verge of losing their house and look like they may have to declare themselves bankrupt. The reasons for closure? robbed by one of their own staff and a withdrawal of funds by an investor.

Irregardless of whether you like their food or not there is alway an assumption by you "internet experts" that they profit from this if you knew anything you would know this is generally not the case. i just hope they are all right

Archived