Motorway Cop Out For Blood!

Towards the end of my day as a HGV class 1 driver I was on the M1 North heading for base in Sheffield,as I passed Jcn 26 Nottingham I was flagged down by a jam sandwhich with all lights blazing.I let the officer in the passenger side and asked the reason for the stopping,he said he had seen me using a mobile phone as I was driving.I told him he was mistaken,he then went into a rant completely losing his temper saying he was right,at this he tried to wrench the hands free phone off the dash.I told him to wait I would release it for him,he snatched it and checked the out and in calls,no go!,I gave him my personal mobile same result!.He insisted he,d seen me,he,d seen my hand to my ear and that he could take the phones to their lab,I told him to do so,he then really lost it saying he could still do me for not having both hands on the wheel,he took my name and address,the calmer I was the worst he was.Next he would give me the benefit of the doubt to which I told him I didn,t want,he wouldn,t admit he was wrong,he jumped out slamming the door,a real nasty piece of work,not a good advert for the motorway police,miserable bugger!:roll::loopy:

Towards the end of my day as a HGV class 1 driver I was on the M1 North heading for base in Sheffield,as I passed Jcn 26 Nottingham I was flagged down by a jam sandwhich with all lights blazing.I let the officer in the passenger side and asked the reason for the stopping,he said he had seen me using a mobile phone as I was driving.I told him he was mistaken,he then went into a rant completely losing his temper saying he was right,at this he tried to wrench the hands free phone off the dash.I told him to wait I would release it for him,he snatched it and checked the out and in calls,no go!,I gave him my personal mobile same result!.He insisted he,d seen me,he,d seen my hand to my ear and that he could take the phones to their lab,I told him to do so,he then really lost it saying he could still do me for not having both hands on the wheel,he took my name and address,the calmer I was the worst he was.Next he would give me the benefit of the doubt to which I told him I didn,t want,he wouldn,t admit he was wrong,he jumped out slamming the door,a real nasty piece of work,not a good advert for the motorway police,miserable bugger!:roll::loopy:

I think ive had the pleasure of this one.

Swore blind i was using my phone. Id got the kids with me so i wasnt going to get into a row with plod and risk getting nicked. He didnt seem to mind my kids being there though when he said i was a liar and i must have thrown my phone out of the window.

In the end i told him id be speaking to his boss and to arrest me if he thought id commited an offence so he buggered off back to his car and knackered the window motor in the door he slammed it so hard.

Getting into shouting matches with people you pull over is definitely a bad idea. Police officers need to use restraint even if the person pulled over resorts to verbal abuse.

You write the ticket/summons whatever, hand it to them, wish them good day and drive off

Hi

Write up a concise and very factual events log asap. These will be your contemporaneous notes for future ref. Then write to his chief constable and clearly state that you sincerely felt the officer was behaving inappropriately and want his behaviour investigated. Send a copy of your contemporariness notes as well and indicate that you are seeking acknowledgement the officer could have handled the situation better and fear the officer could provoke others that are not as calm and collected as you.

What I have more than even a nasty criminal is a copper that does not know when to admit he or she is wrong.

thanks

This really annoys me. Its about time some police persons realise that not all the general public are criminals. They should treat people with respect like other public servants have to do. If you commit a crime you deserve what you get but the police feel they have the right to speak to the public anyway they want and should be out there catching the thieving scum bags that burgle peoples houses not picking fights with motorists yet again.

Archived