WW1 & WW2 medal collection

My Dad fought in the second world war and he was given medals for Africa Italy and D Day apparently this is quite rare to get all 3 and I have been told they are worth a fair bit of money,there is no way in the world I would sell them as they mean so much to me as I loved my Dad very much,but I would be curious to find out what they are worth.

Unlike other campaign medals WW2 medals do not have the recipiants name or regiment engraved on them and so are anonymous unless there is accompanying paperwork with them.

For a valuation phone up one of the medal dealers you will find on line and I'm sure they will help you.

As an antique dealer I can buy a standard set of WW2 medals consisting of The War Medal, The Defence Medal and The 1939 -45 Star for around £20-25.00 in most auction salerooms.

They have an approx, value of between £5-8.00 each. I can buy them at most military/antique fairs and antique shops/emporiums for about the same.

The full list of WW2 medals consists of

1939-45 Star

Atlantic Star (or Aircrew Europe or France and Germany)

Africa Star

Pacific Star (or Burma Star)

Italy Star

Defence Medal

War Medal

I recently sold a full set as above for the princely sum of £48.00 .00 to an Australian collector. Sometimes if they have sentimental value its best to keep hold of them as most dealers will not figure sentiment into any offer they make, its not personal its business.

There are rare medals out there that command some fantastic prices but you need a true military medal dealer to find the true price.

Anyone wanting a full valuation for their medals I suggest you try here but we do charge you for the service.

http://www.valuemystuff.com/what-we-value/medals

Archived