Ultimate Brides 11 September 2011

I went to the one at Magna last year and thought that was great, very busy but really good. This one wasn't as useful to me as it was mostly the same stuff. Like other brides who have posted I have already booked the majority of suppliers but went looking for those added extras (that I can't really afford - but hey ho). Didn't find anything this time unfortunately.

i went felt a bit weird. im an alternative bride and we are desperate for a venue........all the venues on show we very quiet and wouldnt talk to us once they found out we are hoping for a halloween wedding date.

i was hoping to have a better idea of where i wanted my wedding but that reaction has kind of thrown me slightly incase other venues react the same :(

Didn't go to this fair, but I know what you mean about some venues claiming its all about what you want, but having a very fixed idea of what the day 'should' be like.

I don't know if you wanted a particularly grand/country house type wedding venue, but we saw a few that were very good for being able to use just as you wanted, particularly Wood Lane Countryside Centre and Bradfield illage Hall. We are using Wentworth Castle Gardens and Jade there has been fantastic accomodating all my crazy ideas and is really enthusiastic about it. However I think they have other things going on for kids and the like over halloween, which wouldn't stop you having your day there but you should make sure and check exactly what will be going on to mak sure i doesn;t interfere!

If it didn't have to be in Sheffield I had friends who got married in a Georgian mansion in warrington, they had the whole thing for the whole day and at a very reasonable price too. I think it was national trust or english heritage or somesuch!

Archived