Is anyone going to the EDL do in London tomorrow?

There certainly are and I am involved with a lot of them, mainly through my trade union.

But an important issue is that a significant minority seem to have been blinded to the real ills of this country because it is much easier to just blame the immigrants.

That is something I think bears repeating especially on a forum in a county that has the dubious honour of being the only one in the UK to return two fascist MEPs.

John X

But what are the 'real ills'?

and the Islamification of Britain

What Islamification of Britain outside of ridiculous stories in the Mail and the Sun?

What is your take on the "Islamic Only" day at Alton Towers recently?

John X

Oh and how did you and your two mates get on with your campaign to have my signature banned?

That is something I think bears repeating especially on a forum in a county that has the dubious honour of being the only one in the UK to return two fascist MEPs.

John X

That should be European constituency as ours also contains parts of Lincolnshire and the North West one includes Cumbria, Cheshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside. Part of North Yorkshire is also in the North East constituency which is Nazi-free.

Come on, you've loads of time. Give us a quote from a forum leftie who says that anybody who doesn't read SW or the Guardian is a goose-stepping nazi-lover.

Let me make it even easier.

As I posted on another thread where someone also posted a ludicrous claim, quote just one post which supports the above and I will donate £100 to Sheffield Children's Hospital.

John X

Come on, you've loads of time. Give us a quote from a forum leftie who says that anybody who doesn't read SW or the Guardian is a goose-stepping nazi-lover.
Let me make it even easier.

As I posted on another thread where someone also posted a ludicrous claim, quote just one post which supports the above and I will donate £100 to Sheffield Children's Hospital.

John X

Very interesting. I've often pondered why those of the left persuasion have such a problem dealing with the world around them.

Could it be because they take things too literally?

So given that the mods have said we can discuss the EDL, are there any supporters on this forum who want to join this discussion and either stick up for the EDL or say why they think Sir Tommy is running it into the ground?

In principle I see nothing wrong with a group that protests against fascism, which is after all why it was set up in response to Islamic fascists. It's a pity that it was set up by a football thug moron and is tainted the same sort as a large proportion of it's followers. I think there is definitely a place in society for a non-violent, non-racist movement against Islamic fascism (which is often neatly overlooked by the likes of UAF) but EDL isn't it.

Every week or so we get some thread or other complaining that foreigners get all the jobs or some Islamic scholar is being given a council grant to set up Jihad classes in the local Town Hall.

Important issues don't you think?

Others will try to put forward the argument that immigration is the single most important challenge facing Britain today. But with the electoral collapse of UKIP and the BNP and the EDL decending into a farcical bunfight isn't the truth that there are more important things to worry about in the UK today.

There are lots of things to worry about, a sustained high level of net immigration is still one of them.

Glamrocker may still have his 'population the size of London' signature after all his posts but the question now is 'Does anyone really care?"

Yes, they do.

Archived