Fruity red wine. ?

I've tried a few red wines, mostly cheap ones i admit, but all were horribly bitter and not at all pleasurable to drink, but certain meals call for a red.

I have to admit adding vimto to the reds i've tasted* to make them palatable as they just aren't fruity enough for me, and i thought that was the whole point of reds.

Ok, have a good chortle, then a few suggestions on very fruity reds please. :hihi:

Btw, i'm more a lager man though love the odd glass of medium sweet/ dry white.

* Yes, i will carry a can of fizzy or a small bottle of dilute if i know i'll be drinking a red. :D

Doesn't really matter which red you have but I try to aim for a fiver a bottle though I've paid more and certainly paid less. If it's bitter, you've probably just opened the bottle poured and drunk it straight away. You can't do that with red wine. If you pour the wine into a glass it's ready to drink after about 20 minutes. If you open the bottle it takes about 40 minutes to an hour I think.

http://www.bettertastingwine.com/taste.html

I've tried a few red wines, mostly cheap ones i admit, but all were horribly bitter and not at all pleasurable to drink, but certain meals call for a red.

I have to admit adding vimto to the reds i've tasted* to make them palatable as they just aren't fruity enough for me, and i thought that was the whole point of reds.

Ok, have a good chortle, then a few suggestions on very fruity reds please. :hihi:

Btw, i'm more a lager man though love the odd glass of medium sweet/ dry white.

* Yes, i will carry a can of fizzy or a small bottle of dilute if i know i'll be drinking a red. :D

If you haven't liked every red wine you've trisd. I'd suggest that maybe you should leave it.

If you haven't tried a Zinfandel however, then that may do it for you. Personally I drink at the £7-8 a bottle mark and find most wine at that price to be palatable.

Archived