Fruity red wine. ?

Chilean wines are good value and generally on the fruity side. Try a merlot for a "softer" wine, or cabernet sauvignon or carmenere for something a bit more full-throttle. Sainsburys has Palo Alto Reserva Cabernet/Carmenere/Syrah on special offer at the moment - recommended!

I've tried a few red wines, mostly cheap ones i admit, but all were horribly bitter and not at all pleasurable to drink, but certain meals call for a red.

If you don't like red wine then don't drink it. Drink white instead, if you like that. :)

There's no hard and fast rules about what to drink with what.

I have to agree with the OP - I have had some expensive wines that the "experts" have been all "ooh it's so fruity" about, when you try it you just think "what kind of fruit have you been eating" because it tastes nothing like any fruit ever grown.

If you want something that tastes like a fruit, I'd suggest fruit of some kind.

Apples and peaches are just two examples. :P

I have to agree with the OP - I have had some expensive wines that the "experts" have been all "ooh it's so fruity" about, when you try it you just think "what kind of fruit have you been eating" because it tastes nothing like any fruit ever grown.

I don't like wine to taste of fruit. I'm with Serge Hochar of Chateau Musar who said in order to make good wine all fruit must die.

Archived