When making a victims statement to the Police.

If A through to H was true would you.....  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If A through to H was true would you.....

• Make a complaint
    • Put it behind you and move on
    • Something else and what would it be?

Hypothetically,

When making a complaint to the police about an assault should the officer

A, Give a personal opinion

B, Tell the victim she is lying

C, Cross examine the victim

D, Lie to the victim

E, Have a terribly unproffesional attitude towards the victim and when challenged refused to change it and be more proffesional.

F, Refuse to allow the complainant to make the statement in the comfort and security of her own home instead insisting she makes it out on the street in a police van.

G, Pick and choose what she puts in the statement.

H, Tell the complainant what the outcome of the investigation will be and who will get a caution and who will go to prison.

For the record the victim is a person of good charcter with NO criminal record and was at the recieving end of an assault by a man at least a foot taller and 6 stone heavier than herself.

Your opinions of this would be very helpful.

Ahhh, so no one fell for the hypothetical bit then?

lol.

Regarding a complaint ive told her to file one but she says its only her word against the polices and be honest, whos going to believe all that lot??

Especially if there were no proof.

The clue is in the I of IPCC. They will investigate and they won't believe one side against the other without evidence. It is worth noting that a lot of police officers have a pretty low opinion of the IPCC. If this really happened then there should be a complaint about it, but these threads always remind me of Rashomon to be honest. I'm sure the police office would give a very different account, even without trying to lie or avoid the truth.

The clue is in the I of IPCC. They will investigate and they won't believe one side against the other without evidence. It is worth noting that a lot of police officers have a pretty low opinion of the IPCC. If this really happened then there should be a complaint about it, but these threads always remind me of Rashomon to be honest. I'm sure the police office would give a very different account, even without trying to lie or avoid the truth.

Probably and i think thats whats stopping a complaint being made.

Ill mention the ipcc though and see if that makes up her mind.

By the way, whats Rashomon?

It's a film where different people recount an incident from different angles, all of them technically correct but wildly different

Thanks.

Sounds interesting. I think ill have a look and see if i can find it.

I love a good film to watch of an evening :)

Archived