R.O.E. Rules of engagement

the penny will drop soon :hihi:

Nope, sorry.

I did wonder if you were talking about Menezes, the wrongly-identified terror suspect, but he was emphatically not shot while running for a train. He wasn't shot until after he'd boarded it and sat down, at which point there were no civilian risks. So I have no idea to whom you refer.

Nope, sorry.

I did wonder if you were talking about Menezes, the wrongly-identified terror suspect, but he was emphatically not shot while running for a train. He wasn't shot until after he'd boarded it and sat down, at which point there were no civilian risks. So I have no idea to whom you refer.

oh yea he was sat on a crowded tube with no risk :loopy::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You are comparing apples with oranges here. Both the Police and Army will have rules of engagement, which will be different as they operate in very different circumstances.

The fact that the police are allowed to fire on someone in certain circumstances does not imply that we are happy to see soldiers being killed in completely different circumstances.

Bullets are bullets. Way have the police got the right to shoot first, but not our army at war?

I say its because this nation would rather see dead soldiers than RISK Civilian casualties.

Bullets are bullets. Way have the police got the right to shoot first, but not our army at war?

I say its because this nation would rather see dead soldiers than RISK Civilian casualties.

But one is not dependent on the other. What the Army can or cannot do is not dependent on what the Police can or cannot do.

I don't think anyone in this nation wants to see dead soldiers, or risk civilian casualties.

But one is not dependent on the other. What the Army can or cannot do is not dependent on what the Police can or cannot do.

I don't think anyone in this nation wants to see dead soldiers, or risk civilian casualties.

However they would rather see dead soldiers.

Archived