Owners Direct, holiday company?

Anyone had dealings with this internet company?? Just wondered, as I have paid almost a thousand euros to stay in a luxury apartment that tuned out to be a converted garage????? Suffice to say I am not happy!!!:mad:

Well I went on the internet and the place sounded fine, the pool was great, but the ruddy aprtment was a converted garage from Hell!! We have had places from the same company before and was fine, but this time, the <removed> place was a joke, not even a toilet roll was left, the place didn't have potable water, (had to go and buy bottles of mineral water) was mucky and the furnishings were a joke, like a garden chair was the bedside table!!. We have complained to the Owners Direct site and it was a case of "tough crap". So be warned watch out if you want to hire a villa in a luxurious place of the world!!

Owners Direct is just a listing site, all they do is advertise the properties and other than that they take no responsibility. You will have booked directly with the accommodation owner, that's who you should be complaining to.

I know that!! But some one should have some responsibilty surely? We have complained to the owners, but they are still advertising on Owners Direct, even though they have now changed their photos of the house that we saw advertised. The house was **** tip, it was advertised not as a <removed>, but as a luxury apartment, it was a converted garage, even the original garage door that was taken off the apartment and left in the garden and a window replaced to make the 'apartment' look like, well an aparment!! Rather than the cave it was! So I can advertise my 4 bedroomed house as a luxury hotel and God help the people who book it?? Hmmm??? Don't think so??

it's the owners who have the responsibility

Yes, it is. I'm sorry the OP has had such a bad experience but your only recourse is to the owners. I run a holiday cottage and I don't advertise on Owners Direct, but I do advertise on sites that run on the same premise, and if guests have any kind of problem it's down to me to sort out, the listing sites won't get involved.

Out of interest, where was this place? I'd be interested to see the ad, I might be able to spot obvious warning signs.

And posting a negative review on somewhere like TripAdvisor might be cathartic.

Archived