Wickes 'Toilet to Go' question

big_g

Afternoon all

Just bought and semi-fitted a Wickes 'Toilet to Go'. Cost £49.99 from Wickes at Moorfoot - Feeling a bit robbed though as just been to the Rutland Road Wickes to pick up a part (offset pan connector) and saw the same toilet £5 cheaper!

Anyhow, onto my question. Has anyone fitted one of these before? It is the one with the water inlet on the left hand side. The reason I ask is that the toilet cistern comes with all the internal fittings ready fitted - the idea being you just bolt it to the pan and away you go. However, one of the holes in the back of the cistern is directly behind the water inlet - meaning that I will have to undo the water inlet from the bottom of the cistern to fasten the cistern to the wall. This is no big deal but I can't help thinking that I am making a mistake somewhere and that the water valve maybe comes to bits.

So, if anyone has fitted one before and used both screw holes to screw the cistern to the wall, did you remove the water inlet pipe or is there a more cunning way?

Many thanks in advance

G

I can only imagine that they keep changing supplier/manufacturer to keep costs down.

I fitted the cistern to the wall with both screw holes today (had to remove and refit the inlet) - only to have the tiniest of drips from one of the seals around the bolts. To remove the cistern then meant removal of the inlet and trying to catch about a litre of water as I undid it all.

I've put the cistern back on now but have only used one of the wall screws. I may give it a week or so, ensure that everything else is watertight and the remove and refit the inlet to get two wall screws in.

G

Archived