Chatsworth Country Fair/Car Boot Sale.

It's been a few years since we visited Chatsworth Fair. Weather was fine, dog behaved well all afternoon, as did my good Lady wife, but -

a little more expensive than I last remember, now it's £17 each to get in. I must be well out of touch with present day prices, I expected it to be around a tenner each. Still it serves me right for not checking before going I suppose.

Spent a while looking around for the "Country" part of the Show, but sad to say there was only a little of it present. Bit of fly casting, bit of a gun dog scurry, three or four small outlets flogging fishing tackle and only one small air gun outlet - that we found. The main sales are seemingly geared up as a large car boot type sale, which was a little disappointing to us. No gun sales row, no fishermens row, did not see a BASC stand, was it there?, no sign of any thing to do with Deer, which is of great interest to me.

There was the parade ring with the usual going on, which was quite interesting, the birds of prey were very good. The food demo tents were interesting as were the craft tents.

Off for lunch/dinner (depends where you come from) and two beef sarnis on teacakes, two bread rolls with one sausage in each and two cups of tea, now I use the motorway quite a lot and am used to "getting stung" for any kind of grub/drink but Chatsworth Fair can give them a run for their money, £21 for 4 sarnis and two teas, seems a tad over the top price wise.

So was it value for money, on the whole I suppose so. Take sarnis and a flask and it makes it more viable.

We wll be going to the Midland Fair later on this month, it has the usual "car boot element" but is heavily biased towards the Country man and his wants.

http://www.countrymanfairs.co.uk/midland-game-fair/whats-on

Regards

Angel.

Archived