People asking you to pay for goods on Freegle

Because am sure they would try a site that SOLD the item like EBAY or even the Forum if they had the cash to pay for one rather than try a FREE site.

Well that's just silly. Nobody in their right minds would refuse to try and get something for free first, before deciding to pay for it.

Yes but when you post to a Free site you expect to get items for Free not to be asked for cash for what you are wanting. The ethics of Freegle are that all items are Free. This is of a great use to many people especially in the current financial climate. The members of the group do not want to feel pressured into paying for items that they can get for free.

On both Freecycle and Freegle the emphasis is on keeping genuinely unneeded things out of landfill. Many of the things that change hands have no monetary value whatsoever and this clash of whether something should be charged for is really secondary and quite damaging to the overall aim of the groups.

Actually funnily enuf i can remember around 4/5 years ago i requested a desktop pc i did put on the ad i dont have any money i was absolutely skint at that time so i got a message off a supposed nice gentlemen who said ive got a computer you can have free of charge its not brilliant but its fine for basic use.....so i went to collect one day he showed me it has this, that, etc etc all very happy until he said......So what would you like to offer me for it?so confused i look at him and said it was advertised as free on a free giveaway website what do you mean? to which he said how much do you want to offer me for it i would accept £20 for it. At this point i swiftly made him aware how pleased i was and left without making any kind offer or taking the item away

You should have asked the prat for your travel expenses and compensation for your wasted time.

Archived