Electric Pressure Washer.

I am thinking about buying an electric pressure washer, but am a little confused. How can the washer deliver massive pressure if it is reliant upon a domestic tap to supply the water where the flow is limited?

Or does the water come from a pre filled reservoir?

I have a Karcher washer, very pleased with it.......BUT I have a water meter, and they use a lot of water.........need I say more?!

They do not use a lot of water as already stated, they use a little water under great pressure, if you want proof just see how long it takes to fill a container with a pressure washer.

I do not have a particular one in mind and am open to advice. My problem is that our water pressure is low so how could an electric pressure washer give 5 litres/min if the supply only gives 2l/min?

Why do you only get 2 litres a minute? That seems unbelievably slow to me. What is the flow rate at the kitchen sink tap (usually the first in the house)? Is this 2 litre a minute flow rate from an outside tap and is it one that's been installed with one of those kits where you don't need to turn the water off?

You can get a washer that draws its own water but they cost a lot more.

G

Why do you only get 2 litres a minute? That seems unbelievably slow to me. What is the flow rate at the kitchen sink tap (usually the first in the house)? Is this 2 litre a minute flow rate from an outside tap and is it one that's been installed with one of those kits where you don't need to turn the water off?

You can get a washer that draws its own water but they cost a lot more.

G

I really do not know the figure and just used that as an example.

All that I wish to do is use the washer as a water cannon against birds on our roof. I would need it to be able to deliver a high pressure jet up to 15 yards away (uphill)

I really do not know the figure and just used that as an example.

All that I wish to do is use the washer as a water cannon against birds on our roof. I would need it to be able to deliver a high pressure jet up to 15 yards away (uphill)

Why not just lob a couple of hand grenades at them Phil?:cool:

Archived