RIP Anthony Rodgers (forum member wodger) 1/09/2011 aged 65

Was this the gent who used to regularly write in the letters section of the Star, lau6357, or is this someone else?

I was thinking the same thing. I know there is a regular writer from Shirecliffe called something Rodgers, I wondered whether it's the same person. Almost as regular as Vera from Crookes!

Either way, sorry you've lost a friend lau

x

I've read many of his letters in the Star over the years and the name stuck with me. I didn't always agree with what he said but I admire that he took the time and effort to express his views regularly and his letters were well written. My condolences to his family and friends. I think it might be appropriate for someone who was close to him to write a letter to the Star, as I'm sure thousands of readers over the years will remember his letters. RIP Tony Rodgers.

I've read many of his letters in the Star over the years and the name stuck with me. I didn't always agree with what he said but I admire that he took the time and effort to express his views regularly and his letters were well written. My condolences to his family and friends. I think it might be appropriate for someone who was close to him to write a letter to the Star, as I'm sure thousands of readers over the years will remember his letters. RIP Tony Rodgers.

Yes agree. I don't think I ever agreed with him, but same as, I liked reading his thoughts and views, like I do in here. I sometimes argue with people in here, but I think it's good! Chuffin boring world if we all agreed on everything.

I always imagined he was on here somewhere! Maybe he was, I don't know. Shame if he missed out! I can imagine that he'd have lots to say in here.

Archived