Hair dye during pregnancy

Rachel1991

Thanks for the replies, made me feel a bit more at ease about dying my hair now, as it looks terrible and needs doing desperately!

Well my hair is currently a lightish brown colour, but i've been wanting to go back blonde for a while now (before i was pregnant). Is it something i should tell my hairdresser when I go get it done then, or is it irrelevant?

I was told to avoid any henna-based dyes, but your usual box of Nice & Easy or salon colour will be fine.

Watch out for going lighter too - my hair is growing like billy-o, and if I'd bleached mine the cost of getting my roots done would have bankrupted me by now! :hihi: It's also much drier than previously, so too harsh a treatment could do more damage.

Have died mine all the way through, in fact i did alsorts to it before i even knew i was pregnant :loopy:

So would think you would be fine, know what u mean about hair growing like mad, mine is and its thick enough it doesnt need any help. Yet still lose loads everywhere.

If it falls out after the birth bring it on i say, save me a fortune at the hairdressers :hihi:

Honestly, after my first, I didn't notice a thing, I bleached it blonde a lot, and it didn't get any thicker or longer than usual, but, with my 2nd, my god, it grew fast. It went from shoulder to bum length in the 9 months, and I kept darkening it. Then after she was born, it was literally coming out in handfuls, it was quite scary! It was so bad at the front with little bits like a baby fringe growing back where it had fallen out, I had to go and have a fringe cut in.

Archived