Are police for real!

recently someone tried breakin into my house at 6am thru the patio doors. cops have an idea who this is and say they are lookin at being charged for criminal damage (sprained patio doors) cus not enough proof for attempted burglary! and they wonder why kids have no discipline these days.....:rant:

I don't think this is the Police's fault. They just know what the CPS will throw cases out, so have to get something solid rather than the reality.

Yeah, the defence could always argue that they were attempting to break in to the OP's property for her own good, I suppose.:huh:

It sounds more like the offence is being 'taken into consideration' whatever that means.

Yeah, the defence could always argue that they were attempting to break in to the OP's property for her own good, I suppose.:huh:

They can probably argue that they weren't breaking in at all, if there is no proof they were. They can't argue much about a broken window, which very definitely is broken ... but if the case for burglary comes down to the OP's word and nothing else, there cannot be a conviction.

They can probably argue that they weren't breaking in at all, if there is no proof they were. They can't argue much about a broken window, which very definitely is broken ... but if the case for burglary comes down to the OP's word and nothing else, there cannot be a conviction.

Burglary - fair enough. Attempted burglary - definitely, unless the OP was screaming 'fire, fire', perhaps.

recently someone tried breakin into my house at 6am thru the patio doors. cops have an idea who this is and say they are lookin at being charged for criminal damage (sprained patio doors) cus not enough proof for attempted burglary! and they wonder why kids have no discipline these days.....:rant:

What do you expect?

There is no evidence anyone was trying to break in to your house. If the police have finger prints on the patio doors then they could possibly run with a criminal damage case. No one entered your property and nothing was stolen.

The police having their hands tied has nothing to do with kids discipline. You are ranting about the wrong people.

What do you expect?

There is no evidence anyone was trying to break in to your house.

I'd certainly call sprained patio doors evidence that someone had been trying to break in ... you hardly have to be Jim Bergerac to work that one out! :rolleyes:

I'd certainly call sprained patio doors evidence that someone had been trying to break in ... you hardly have to be Jim Bergerac to work that one out! :rolleyes:

YOU would and I would. That doesn't mean jot to the CPS. Unless you have cast iron proof that a certain person damaged those doors with the intention of burgling that house, they would slap you down in 10 seconds flat and tell you it is going nowhere.

Archived