Are police for real!

Dos anyone know what stopped these people from breaking in? Disturbed? Unable to force/gain entry?

As far as the kids are concerned I know how hard it must be for you and how scary it will be for them but maybe you could try the 'the house is safe, they couldn't get in' route, just to put their minds at ease!

As far as the Police are concerned in these times I would be grateful they have done anything (a lot of people report lack of police help on this forum) but it really is down to CPS. The police have to go with whatever is most likely to result in a prosecution, I suppose it better than them not doing anything at all.

I hope you and the kids feel safer soon x

my mate was on settee and heard them. he went to the doors and was confronted by 2 guys wearing scarves over their faces. he recognised them from pictures on facebook but aparantly thats not good enough... we now know who both men are but still they will only get done for criminal damage if anything... I am so angry that they seem to get away with things all the time yet my kids are suffering for it and their home isnt the place where they feel safe anymore. x

my mate was on settee and heard them. he went to the doors and was confronted by 2 guys wearing scarves over their faces. he recognised them from pictures on facebook but aparantly thats not good enough... we now know who both men are but still they will only get done for criminal damage if anything... I am so angry that they seem to get away with things all the time yet my kids are suffering for it and their home isnt the place where they feel safe anymore. x

In what way is it not good enough if they are going to be charged? If the ID wasn't good enough then they wouldn't be charged with anything.

It's not the ID that is the problem though, but the lack of evidence that they were actually attempting to burgle the property.

Maybe you should ask the police if they couldn't be charged with "going equipped", since they presumably used tools to damage the door and had obscured their faces.

Mod Note

Posts have been deleted for masked swearing

If you don't think the word you want to use will get through the profanity filter, don't try to be clever and use misspellings, special characters or asterisks in order to use it.

Try using a word that isn't going to upset the filter instead.

Archived