Looking for Ella Brereton

Hi M8's and M8essess, Actually I'm a Scouse (though don't let that bother you.lol.) I'm now living in Canada, the frozen north. Back in the 50's, I had a wicked crush on a girl named Ella Brereton, she moved into the neighbourhood, from the U.S. when I was about 12. She then moved to Rustlings Rd. in Sheffield. As I say, this crush was something wicked!!! I pedaled my Raliegh Lenton from the Pool to Sheffield one summer hol. when I was 13. Stayed at the YHA. Well I stood outside her house at 92 Rustlings Rd. for hours, then, too chicken to knock on the door, pedaled my sorry butt home. Enjoyed the Blue John Mine on my way back.lol. If anyone knows of this Lady, she's about 60 now, please let me know. Yours, Bob.

• 10 years later...

Hello Bob.

I was born and bred in Liverpool and Ella Brereton is a first cousin of mine. Ella marries a minister of religion in the 1960's and a few years later they left the UK for good. You may not know that Ella was born in Georgetown in the then British Guyana.

Many of us have fond memories of our teenage sweethearts and as the years go by, we daydream about what may have been. Some of us even write about our lost loves. Myself included, 'What goes around...' by Alan B Pape available on Amazon.

Nonetheless, our journey through life is irreversible and all we can do is take those cherished memories with us to our grave.

Regards

Ken Brereton.

Archived