Cost of school photos - any other parents annoyed with it??

I'm a Scout Leader, and I'm planning to do the same thing as school photos at my Scout Group - so the parents can have the regular portraits of their kids taken at school in their uniforms, and/or another portrait in their Scout uniforms. :) But I'm not sure of my pricing...

4 3"x2"/walletsize (w/ frames) = £3

6"x4" w/frame = £2.50

12"x8" w/frame = £7.50

18"x12" (no frame) of the whole cub pack = £12.50

They can mix and match sizes and quantities as they like, and I'll be doing both the classic head/shoulders portrait, and fullbody portraits too (though not wallet sized) up to 12"x8". The pack photo will be available in 12"x8" and 18"x12" only.

What does anyone think? I've tried to be as reasonable as possible given the price of prints and frames down at the local photo store. I'll be taking the photos myself, but I'm actually pretty decent behind the camera.

I'd appreciate opinions. :)

Also, when are school photos usually taken? I've been out of school for so long, I forget.

I'm a Scout Leader, and I'm planning to do the same thing as school photos at my Scout Group - so the parents can have the regular portraits of their kids taken at school in their uniforms, and/or another portrait in their Scout uniforms. :) But I'm not sure of my pricing...

4 3"x2"/walletsize (w/ frames) = £3

6"x4" w/frame = £2.50

12"x8" w/frame = £7.50

18"x12" (no frame) of the whole cub pack = £12.50

They can mix and match sizes and quantities as they like, and I'll be doing both the classic head/shoulders portrait, and fullbody portraits too (though not wallet sized) up to 12"x8". The pack photo will be available in 12"x8" and 18"x12" only.

What does anyone think? I've tried to be as reasonable as possible given the price of prints and frames down at the local photo store. I'll be taking the photos myself, but I'm actually pretty decent behind the camera.

I'd appreciate opinions. :)

Also, when are school photos usually taken? I've been out of school for so long, I forget.

My sections get the digital copies FOC if they bring in a memory stick. Your prices are about double what it costs me to print them off myself, so if that's a photoshop place charges they seem reasonable enough.

My sections get the digital copies FOC if they bring in a memory stick. Your prices are about double what it costs me to print them off myself, so if that's a photoshop place charges they seem reasonable enough.

Well I'm an Asst Cub Leader, so I'm going to be running it for the Cub pack first, to see how many parents are interested; if I get enough interest and/or requests from the Scouts/Beavers to do the same, I'll expand to all three age groups. :)

Unfortunately, I can't print photos off myself, my printer broke and I can't really afford a new one right now, so I have to go use Snapfish.com instead. Reasonable prices? That's good enough for me! :)

Archived