Thank you for the umbrella.

I should have posted this a long time ago.

A few months back I was standing waiting for a bus across the road from my house (Well, my old house. I moved out at the weekend.) It was just down from Barnsley Hospital. It started to rain. It was a day close to payday and I could not afford to get a cab so I had no choice but to stand there and wait.

A very lovely lady parked up close to my house. I presume she worked at the hospital and many hospital staff park close to that house every day.

She crossed the road and as she walked past she said to me “I have a spare umbrella in my bag if you want it.” I politely declined but she refused to take no for an answer.

It is a Nails Inc. umbrella. I am keeping it to sell on eBay as a charity auction one day and tell the story on the listing.

What a lovely person. She restored my faith in humanity for a while. I text everyone I know and told them to say a prayer for her so I hope she has won the lottery now or some dream of hers has come true.

Archived