Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

Of all the cars I've owned, my favorite has to be my Ford Capri MK1 2000GTXLR.

I had this in the mid-seventies and spent a fortune customising it.

After keeping it for a short while, I exchanged it for another Capri MK1 but the 1600 XLR

version - kept it for about two years.

Bought another Capri - but this was the MK2 1300 XL......didnt like this one as much.

I've had many over the years, but the favourite from past years has to be the Sunbeam Rapier...

Leather seats, classy interior, overdrive(something new in them days) .

Sadly....some low life nicked it.

Nothing changes, eh!

For me it was an old battered 1999 Honda Accord 2.0, the most relibale car I've ever owned and it had a stereo cassette tape player, and awful chaved up interior but yet I still miss it, kinda had a rebellious personality so regret selling it cheap just because it needed a new clutch.

Most comfortable car I had driven was my 2007 Toyota Avensis - never got tired in it and could drive hours on the motorway- Passat was not far off either but only had for few months.

Probably the best quality car and overall appeal was my 2011 Audi Sportback-2.0TDI- great drive and really good pick up, but due to a back injury I have given it up.

Now await the delivery of (first time too) the new Mazda 6 SEL- looks nice and so far has had good reviews...hoping it serves me well for a while!

I loved my sierra sapphire rs cosworth. Wish I'd never of gotten rid of it.

I also liked my rover 800 vitesse sport and my skoda octavia vrs.

Worst car I owned was a Subaru impreza wrx sti. Owned it for 4 weeks before I sold it.

Currently got an mg zt diesel that I hate and a 3.2 v6 vectra that ill be using when I move to Sheffield for the shopping as ill hopefully be able to walk to work

I hanker after an e39 bmw m5 though!

My favourite was a little green mini. Nothing special, and kinda beat up. I was given it by my (then) future father in law. It was small and very nippy, and it went round corners like it was glued to the road....great fun to drive.

A little story, I was once waiting at some traffic lights and a copper ran up to the passenger door and jumped in the passenger seat and said 'I'm seconding your vehicle...DRIVE"...."Never mind the speed limit, just go!"....There was some kind of incident a mile or so down the road!....Brilliant!!!!

Definitely our Red Volvo 850 2.3T. We had to sell it when moving to the UK, but that car had everything, safe, reliable, powerful, not too thirsty, comfortable and, in my humble opinion, attractive to look at. I frequently drove that from the Netherlands to Manchester and back in the space of a few days, you'd get out of it after 10-14 hours straight driving and not feel tired.

How do you work that one out.:confused:

If you look on your V5 it says registered keeper.How do you think they can just take your car from you, if for example your driving with out tax and not get charged for theft?Dont forget this is not the police taking your car,but the DVLA.

Archived