Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

the car that I've enjoyed driving most was probably a Mini Cooper S. I bought it about 6 years ago and I'd forgotten what fun driving could be until I bought that. I've had faster cars, bigger cars, more prestigious cars, but none that have been so much fun to drive as that.

Just the noise of the engine, with its supercharger screeching like a banshee when you floor it, the way it grips the road and the eagerness of the little thing was brilliant.

I'd have another tomorrow. In fact, make that today.

But regrettably I need something a bit bigger to cart the family around and all my gear.

If you look on your V5 it says registered keeper.
:rolleyes:

The registered keeper is the person or organisation responsible for the licensing and use of a vehicle.

The registered keeper is often, but not always, the legal owner of the vehicle.

From the horse's mouth.

How do you think they can just take your car from you, if for example your driving with out tax and not get charged for theft?
When the car is 'taken' from you in these circumstances, it is impounded (confiscated, as a statutory penalty for breaching relevant sections of relevant Act(s)), you are not being dispossed of it (you don't have to buy it back from the pound at its market value, you just pay impounding fees (towing/storing/etc.)). Oh, that's a power of enforcement granted the Police, btw - that's why they don't get "charged for theft" :rolleyes:

I suggest you acquaint yourself with a dictionary. To begin with.

Another ex 2CV owner here. As a cheap “only vehicle” it was great. I had a couple in the early 80s.

Quickly removable seats, quickly removable boot lid, roll back roof (or quickly fold back halfway if in a hurry), adjustable headlights, fresh air vent (hinged panel, like old Land Rovers, with wire mesh behind to limit the number of flies hitting your teeth), folding front windows (if you didn’t clip them up, then they would hover out to the side, depending on your speed), thief proof locks (when you locked the door, the door handle just rotated so it was impossible to force (not that you needed to, you just bent the door outwards from the top, it was that flexible), 4 good sized seats with plenty of legroom and headroom (with a top hat on if you wished. I’ve done the stereotypical things, like carry large household pot plants (Swiss Cheese Plant and Rubber Plant – very 80s).

A very practical car, very flexible, for not much money. I certainly wouldn’t want to be in a crash in one, though. I think it’d lose out to a moped.

From the horse's mouth.

When the car is 'taken' from you in these circumstances, it is impounded (confiscated, as a statutory penalty for breaching relevant sections of relevant Act(s)), you are not being dispossed of it (you don't have to buy it back from the pound at its market value, you just pay impounding fees (towing/storing/etc.)). Oh, that's a power of enforcement granted the Police, btw - that's why they don't get "charged for theft" :rolleyes:

I suggest you acquaint yourself with a dictionary. To begin with.

Why, what did i spell wrong?Oh right so if i took someones mobile from them and said if you dont pay me in 5 working days i am going to sell it on,is that lawful too.If you are a solicitor why can you not tell the difference between lawful and legal?Does the the bill of rights not exist anymore?

Oh right so if i took someones mobile from them and said if you dont pay me in 5 working days i am going to sell it on,is that lawful too.

No, that would be theft (by you).

Because there is no Act or Rule (that I know of, feel free to find one and correct me) under which you can confiscate someone's mobile (except of course if a warrant has been issued for the mobile by a Court, and you are a law enforcement officer executing the warrant - are you?)

Are you trolling or do you just happen to take a long time understanding basic principles?

No, that would be theft (by you).

Because there is no Act or Rule (that I know of, feel free to find one and correct me) under which you can confiscate someone's mobile (except of course if a warrant has been issued for the mobile by a Court, and you are a law enforcement officer executing the warrant - are you?)

Are you trolling or do you just happen to take a long time understanding basic principles?

Yes, i know this.But act and statutes are not lawful,they have just been put there to keep us on a tight leash,just another way of getting revenue,through fines.

Im going to give you an example of the difference between lawful and legal,as you have ignored my previous question.

It is Illegal not to pay your TV license,but not unlawful, as i do not have a contract with BBC.I have stopped paying agaes ago,have i been arrested?have i been marched to court?have i recieved a £1000 fine,no and why?because they know it is unlawful to force it.

Also as you should be aware that any fines issued outside a court of law is unlawful too.A part from the UK bill of rights,the strongest LAW of the land.

"grants and promises of fines or forfeitures" before conviction are void.

Police are there only to:

upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property. HARM or LOSS.

They are not there to confiscate cars or fine people for spitting on the floor.HARM or LOSS.

Do i own my car then or not,im not gunna keep washing it if the dvla own it,they can wash it.

:hihi::hihi:

Its going to be one of those debates, where he is right and im wrong,because he maybe a Lawyer and knows it all.Not even doctors know everything about medicine.Imagine a GP doing a heart transplant or brain surgery?

Archived