Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

Used to own a Q plate Austin 1800 ex army staff car all leather seats a steering wheel which wouldnt look out of place,sizewise,in a Artic and built like a tank all the speed on the top end and boy could it take off in fourth....for those of you too young to remember most cars only had 4 gears and a reverse

Used to own a Q plate Austin 1800 ex army staff car all leather seats a steering wheel which wouldnt look out of place,sizewise,in a Artic and built like a tank all the speed on the top end and boy could it take off in fourth....for those of you too young to remember most cars only had 4 gears and a reverse

The LAND CRAB,i believe they were known as.:hihi:

Yes, i know this.But act and statutes are not lawful,they have just been put there to keep us on a tight leash,just another way of getting revenue,through fines.<snip>
Dear God...you must be trolling, surely! :hihi:

Unlawful qualifies an act which is not authorized by law.

Illegal qualifies an act which is forbidden by law.

Certain drugs are illegal, and possessing them is also illegal, because the Drugs Misuse Act says so.

Taking an illegal drugs is unlawful (not illegal, because there is no Statute which says consuming an illegal drug is illegal: it is the facts that (i) the drug is illegal, and (ii) possessing it is illegal, which make consuming it unlawful - you should not be consuming it, since your are forbidden to have it in the first place).

Also as you should be aware that any fines issued outside a court of law is unlawful too.

Power to seize a vehicle

8.1. Section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 allows a constable to seize a vehicle only if certain conditions are satisfied.

8.2. Driving unlicensed

8.2.1. The first condition is that the constable is in uniform and that under Section 164 the constable has required a person to produce his/her licence and its counterpart for examination. The person has failed to produce his/her licence and its counterpart and the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the motor vehicle is or was being driven in contravention of Section 87(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

8.3. Driving uninsured

8.3.1. The second condition is that the constable in uniform has required a person to produce evidence that a motor vehicle is not or was not being driven in contravention of Section 143 and the person has failed to produce such evidence and the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the vehicle is or was being so driven.

8.4. Driver fails to stop

8.4.1. The third condition is that the constable has required a person driving a motor vehicle to stop. The person has failed to stop or to stop the vehicle long enough for the constable to make such lawful enquiries as they consider appropriate and that the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the vehicle is or was being driven in contravention of Section 87 Sub Section 1 or Section 143.

A part from the UK bill of rights,the strongest LAW of the land.
Keep TELLING yourself that, see how you go with the boys in blue with your uninsured car next time...And don't call me for help: I am not a lawyer, either :P:D

My step father had several good cars, starting with a Morris minor with the "Arm indicators" later a vanden plas and my favourite A "Riley" all leather seats, running boards etc it was an ex police car and a great looking car, It's the only car that I can still remember the registration number - HOE 200

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carandcarriage.co.uk/classic-cars/images/car1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.carandcarriage.co.uk/classic-cars/&h=480&w=640&sz=137&tbnid=6Xd5RraxgMmnSM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=121&prev=/search%3Fq%3Driley%2Bcars%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=riley+cars&usg=__R1ZbIH8avKg0Zp7KxGX44VYNPqQ=&docid=NcWR_U3iynkioM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=BOw4UYaZOau00QWQkoGgCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQ9QEwAw&dur=292

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 19:34 ----------

Ask, and ye shall receive ;)

Thanks for the link.

That will take some doing, but 12 years to do it in it's quite possible.

My current 10 year old BMW 320 diesel,6 speed,still looks great,drives like new and can get upto 60mpg

I keep looking at new beemers,but then think to myself 'why' there's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I could buy a new one and some nob in a car park could scrape it and do runner.

Yes, i know this.But act and statutes are not lawful,they have just been put there to keep us on a tight leash,just another way of getting revenue,through fines.

Im going to give you an example of the difference between lawful and legal,as you have ignored my previous question.

It is Illegal not to pay your TV license,but not unlawful, as i do not have a contract with BBC.I have stopped paying agaes ago,have i been arrested?have i been marched to court?have i recieved a £1000 fine,no and why?because they know it is unlawful to force it.

Also as you should be aware that any fines issued outside a court of law is unlawful too.A part from the UK bill of rights,the strongest LAW of the land.

"grants and promises of fines or forfeitures" before conviction are void.

Police are there only to:

upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property. HARM or LOSS.

They are not there to confiscate cars or fine people for spitting on the floor.HARM or LOSS.

Oh Dear, it's been a long while since I heard from a Freeman from the planet

Zog.

Archived