Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

Rover P6 3500cc V8 automatic a car far ahead of its time. If I remember correctly only 3 gears but would do 75/80 mph in second gear and approx 120mph in 3rd. Bought new in August 1971 for £2120.00 amazing the difference inflation makes.

similar to this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/alankearn/59211971_Rover_P6_3500_V8_1_-1.jpg

I loved my burgundy Rolls Silver Shadow! (30 years old and only 5 grand) Admittedly, when I bought it I forgot to bear in mind fuel economy, but that's another story.

It was right fun to drive and pretty quick with your foot down!

I once pulled up at traffic lights next to a chavmobile ... I pretty much outpimped their Fiesta and they seemed (judging by their fingers to me) pretty unimpressed with Bachs Toccata and Fugue in D minor pumping out of my stereo system. The lights changed to green and I lost them ... all I could see in the rearview mirror was a couple of hoodies mouthing at me and still giving me the finger as I tore away into the distance!

On more than one occasion I've had old ladies curtseying to me as I stopped to let them over the zebra crossing ... it put a smile on most peoples faces.

Apart from that, I adored my 2CV ... one of the best cars ever made in my opinion. Had one for years and it never let me down once. :)

I loved my burgundy Rolls Silver Shadow! (30 years old and only 5 grand) Admittedly, when I bought it I forgot to bear in mind fuel economy, but that's another story.

It was right fun to drive and pretty quick with your foot down!

I once pulled up at traffic lights next to a chavmobile ... I pretty much outpimped their Fiesta and they seemed (judging by their fingers to me) pretty unimpressed with Bachs Toccata and Fugue in D minor pumping out of my stereo system. The lights changed to green and I lost them ... all I could see in the rearview mirror was a couple of hoodies mouthing at me and still giving me the finger as I tore away into the distance!

On more than one occasion I've had old ladies curtseying to me as I stopped to let them over the zebra crossing ... it put a smile on most peoples faces.

Apart from that, I adored my 2CV ... one of the best cars ever made in my opinion. Had one for years and it never let me down once. :)

We bought a brand new green 2CV in the mid 70's, we loved it.

Rover P6 3500cc V8 automatic a car far ahead of its time. If I remember correctly only 3 gears but would do 75/80 mph in second gear and approx 120mph in 3rd. Bought new in August 1971 for £2120.00 amazing the difference inflation makes.

Allowing for forty years of inflation, that was an enormously large sum back then.

My favorite has to be my first car! It was by far the cheapest & less desirable of the cars I have had yet still I feel love for it!

It was a mk4 1.3 Fiesta Finesse. It had no power steering, electric windows, central locking or anything. Occasionally you would have to thump the back seat when the fuel pump didnt turn on, but it gave me the best feeling ever being free & independent.

Archived