Of All Cars You've Owned What's Your Favourite?

1967 Ford Mustang .

Buck....I had a 1967 Ford Mustang, too! It was my sister's car and then was handed down to me. Just sold it back in 2003. It was a hard top, maroon with black interior so it was hot as hades in the summer, no A/C, no power steering and no power brakes, no seatbelts, AM radio only. I loved that car. Named him Steve.....Steve Stang.

Here is a pic of my baby: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/cottontop3/

Buck....I had a 1967 Ford Mustang, too! It was my sister's car and then was handed down to me. Just sold it back in 2003. It was a hard top, maroon with black interior so it was hot as hades in the summer, no A/C, no power steering and no power brakes, no seatbelts, AM radio only. I loved that car. Named him Steve.....Steve Stang.

Here is a pic of my baby: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/cottontop3/

Mine was a white convertible, blue interior. I don't think any American cars had seat belts then. My son had a 1968 Chevy Impala with lap belts only, whuch failed to save my wife's life when we were head oned by a semi on the Mass Pike in 1979. The Mustang was run over by a Skidoo during a blizzard in Montreal in 1970, while buried in snow. the windshield was crushed, and I scrapped it. My company gave me a new Ford Torino to replace it. Then I got a Mustang Mach 1 in 1972 which had all the trimmings and standard shift, 302 cubic inch v8.

Loved my Reliant Robin, taught myself to drive in it. Legally.

I'd already passed my motorcycle test :hihi:

Similar but a deviation, I recall a guy driving an Isetta bubble car. He pulled onto a grass verge facing downwards on a steep hill, he pulled up right behind a lamp post. As the only way out of the car was via the front opening door, that he couldn't open because of the lamp post, the car didn't have a reverse gear, so I had to push it backwards, which was not that difficult. :hihi:

• 1 year later...
Similar but a deviation, I recall a guy driving an Isetta bubble car. He pulled onto a grass verge facing downwards on a steep hill, he pulled up right behind a lamp post. As the only way out of the car was via the front opening door, that he couldn't open because of the lamp post, the car didn't have a reverse gear, so I had to push it backwards, which was not that difficult. :hihi:

I would love one of them:) fetching around 12k nowadays.:(

My old 2001 A class. 0-60 in 15 minutes, weighed an absolute tonne (almost 1200kg if I remember rightly) and was 'prone' to almost rolling if you took a roundabout too confidently. Strong winds were absolutely petrifying. But I loved it. We even stuck a 'Turbo' badge on the back of it for a joke, which was probably by some little barstewards tried to race us near centertainment, revving their clapped out golf and making gestures at us.

Unfortunately, I think the driver had only just passed (He barely looked old enough) and stalled the car when they tried to leave us in the dust. Good old turbo A-class.

So many cars, so little time....

Drove a 'FLOG' which I ahted at first but came to love. Was devastated when I scrapped it, but on the way to the scrapyard various bits dropped off (part of the exhaust, rear wiper, passenger window dropped, aerial disappeared behind me) so it was well past time!

Trooper was fun but couldn't half eat fuel!

My mk1 Fiesta (Phylis) was my pride and joy but the lack of seatbelts meant that when the family came along she had to go.

I reckon the best car was the Audi 100, lovely thing but again very heavy on the fuel.

So many cars, so little time....

Drove a 'FLOG' which I ahted at first but came to love. Was devastated when I scrapped it, but on the way to the scrapyard various bits dropped off (part of the exhaust, rear wiper, passenger window dropped, aerial disappeared behind me) so it was well past time!

Trooper was fun but couldn't half eat fuel!

My mk1 Fiesta (Phylis) was my pride and joy but the lack of seatbelts meant that when the family came along she had to go.

I reckon the best car was the Audi 100, lovely thing but again very heavy on the fuel.

Whats a FLOG:confused:

Archived