Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

If by that you mean that some muslims live here, then yes, well observed.

If you think they're going to take over, you're paranoid and foolish.

Why is he being paranoid and foolish? I suspsect you're a muslim, so you would say that wouldn't you?

Firstly, I am indeed assuming that 2nd and 3rd generations of muslims will continue to maintain the birthrate of their grandparents as you rightly say, and secondly.

But why make that assumption? The Financial Services Authority have been badgering us for years to not believe past performance is necessarily an indication of future returns which can go down as well as up, many of us didn't want to believe that either but have been forced to do so through experience, predictions of the future Muslim birthrate should be viewed with similar caution ;)

The analogy only works if you are a different religion, not if you are non-religious, because (ignoring the cruelty or not issue) if you are not religious it shouldn't matter one jot whether the water is blessed or your meat is halal, because you don't believe in it.

Being non-religious does not necessarily mean it doesn't matter to a person. I am not religious at all, but I do feel strongly that I should not be subversivly coerced into the observance of religious practice.

--

I know polygamy is illegal to take place in this country, but are "multiple marriages" that have taken place in other countries/ jurisdictions, where it is legal, recognised here when people in these marriages come here?

No...............

The 1988 Immigration Act plugged that particular loophole, so the problem to which you allude can only 'benefit' men who brought their 'wives' into the UK before then, who are most probably now well past child bearing age.
That particular loophole might have been plugged by the 1988 immigration act, but It didn't prevent muslim men from marrying multiple women under Islamic law.

Posted by boyfriday

If a bloke wants to have it off with a load of birds and call them his 'wives' then that's his business..in fact many of our political elite have almost made a career out of it, so I wouldn't point the finger too crudely at Muslims.

"Having it off" with multiple women is quite different to 'fathering children' with multiple wives. For starters, the PM's that you refer to that.. "have it off with lots of birds", hold no lawful or ideological influences over these "birds" which might dictate how these "birds" should raise the PM's child if one were to be conceived.

That particular loophole might have been plugged by the 1988 immigration act, but It didn't prevent muslim men from marrying multiple women under Islamic law.
What's your point? None of those marriages are recognised as such under English Law, any more than David Blunkett's paramours were considered his legal partners-yet he still managed to father a child through one of them..as did Cecil Parkinson and Tim Yeo and probably many more I can't think of.

"Having it off" with multiple women is quite different to 'fathering children' with multiple wives. For starters, the PM's that you refer to that.. "have it off with lots of birds", hold no lawful or ideological influences over these "birds" which might dictate how these "birds" should raise the PM's child if one were to be conceived.

..and all your huffing & puffing is of no consequence unless you can tell us how many Muslims are engaged in polygamous relationships and if so what influences are incumbent upon them.

As I said earlier, I can't think of one Muslim I know who is in a polygamous marriage conducted under Sharia Law.

but I do feel strongly that I should not be subversivly coerced into the observance of religious practice.

Oh come on now. :o

How can you be subversively coerced into the observance of a religious practice? If you don't believe in it you don't believe in it, end of.

Using your own example, if the Pope blessed Derwent reservoir would we all become coerced practicing Catholics by drinking the water?

Have you really nothing better to worry about in life! :rolleyes:

John X

Oh come on now. :o

How can you be subversively coerced into the observance of a religious practice? If you don't believe in it you don't believe in it, end of.

Using your own example, if the Pope blessed Derwent reservoir would we all become coerced practicing Catholics by drinking the water?

Have you really nothing better to worry about in life! :rolleyes:

John X

That's an extremely naive view you've shown there. You should give your brain a chance.

Archived