Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

Exactly, and the likes auto and John x sooo would kick up a stink if the tap water was Catholic Holy water.

Is that so?

I'm an atheist, so it wouldn't bother me, because I know that there is no such thing as holy water.

So after saying that if the tap water was holy water it would mean nothing to anyone who didn't believe in holy water, why on earth would I kick up a stink?

Looks like you got that completely wrong! :roll:

John X

But that would make me color prejudice BF, which I'm not. :rolleyes:

Let me tell you a little story..I was once driving down the motorway with my son, when I pointed out that the majority of drivers speeding past me were female. My boy said it was nonsense and it was my subconscious brain picking out something that was unusual.

So for the rest of our journey he kept an eye on the gender of the speeders and he was right, women were in the minority but for some reason my brain was only logging them..maybe I just like looking at female drivers...maybe your thing is women wearing hijabs and burkas, (;)) as that's the only way you'd be able to tell what religion they were by 'observing them'.

No I don't. Although, I do think Islamic law being practiced by UK muslims s enabling some muslim men to farther children with multiple wives (recognized only by Islamic law) who raise his children in accordance with Islamic law. Do the math BF.

I have done the 'math'.

If we have 100 men and 100 women and the men can marry as many women as they like but the women can only marry one man, then we could have 1 man with 100 wives which would mean we had 99 bachelors, as there'd be no women left for them to marry.

Polygamy only produces more children within that marriage, it doesn't create an enhanced birthrate within the polygamous community as there are roughly equal numbers of men to women-just as there are in monogamous communities-capiche? (to use another crass Americanism)

Please do explain how exactly your "personal observations" tell you that 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant families maintain the birthrate of the parents/grandparents country of origin?
By observing the number of children they have, which is usually higher than that of other muslims who's parents originated from other regions.

As far as I know, the only section of the populace I make rabid comments about are racist, fascist and neo-Nazi scum.

In these times of austerity and increasing attacks on workers, what we need more than anything is a united working-class. The scum who are trying to sow division on racial grounds are the unpaid stooges of capitalism.

By the way, how many EDL numpties were arrested last Saturday? The mods closed the thread before we could resolve that one ;)

John X

At the time of posting on the thread 7..higher figures came out hours after your posts and after the thread was closed ..you exaggerated on the thread to suit your own agenda .either that or your related to Nostradamus and have his ability...stop crowing you still told lies at the time.

Oh and the majority of the arrests were made way after the "march" and not in the vicinity over 40 arrests occurred when the Police arrested a whole bus load of EDL members on their way home ..again long after the thread had been closed.

And as far as I can gather the 44 on board were arrested after their coach had come under attack by locals ..probably for their own safety and would possibly released without charge after they had been ferried to safety.

Anyone interested in some actual useful data on the subject under discussion as opposed to danot's muddled headed conjecture based off far from scientific personal impressions could do worse that check out The Future of the Global Muslim Population a recent Pew Research report.

A report drawn up by professional demographers and social scientists using the best evidence they could find, which amazingly enough did not include danot's "personal observation".

Let me tell you a little story..I was once driving down the motorway with my son, when I pointed out that the majority of drivers speeding past me were female. My boy said it was nonsense and it was my subconscious brain picking out something that was unusual.

So for the rest of our journey he kept an eye on the gender of the speeders and he was right, women were in the minority but for some reason my brain was only logging them..maybe I just like looking at female drivers...maybe your thing is women wearing hijabs and burkas, (;)) as that's the only way you'd be able to tell what religion they were by 'observing them'.

But the gender of the motorists that your son observed while doing his observations has no baring on your initial evaluation which was based on your observations.. how can they? Maybe the majority of speeding motorists were female when you were observing the cars zooming by.

By observing the number of children they have, which is usually higher than that of other muslims who's parents originated from other regions.

And you can tell what generation the parents are how exactly? Please do bear in mind that assumption I am challenging here is your assertion that the birth rate of 2nd and 3rd generation Muslim immigrants is undiminished.

Archived