Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

I'm glad! I hate maths rows on here.

Maths is an exact science not a matter of opinion. There is nothing more undignified than a poster refusing to admit that they are wrong when they clearly are. :hihi:

John X

I see.

Has my argument been proved mathematically flawed then, or are you just expressing your own personal opinion again?

Heaven's above!

Mathematics is not a matter of opinion.

John X

May I suggest something now? Why not scroll through my postings and find one entry were I claim it is, although, I don't know why I'm even bothering you with this seeing as you manifested this notion that I did say it, which is what you're actually criticizing. Oh the irony.

What's the likelihood of a muslim couple having no more than one child?.. Now compare your answer to the likelihood of them having four kids or more.
How is that phenomenon, whether true or not, enhanced by polygamous marriages? This was a point you were trying to suggest earlier.

Actually, I'd say your link supports the assumptions I've made considering your link is basing it's projections on yet more assumptions
- "These projections are based both on past demographic trends and on assumptions about how these trends will play out in the future years making these projections inevitably entail a host of uncertainties, including political ones".

It goes on to say that Islamic faith is expected to grow by one third in Europe over the next twenty years.

Did you bother reading any of it plekanov?

No I just googled and blindly hoped that the 1st link I found backed up my position :roll:

The link does not support your assumption as the professional demographers who drew up the report expect the muslim birthrate to decline (both in the UK and worldwide), if you read the report they give lots of reasons as to why this decline is likely.

In stark contrast you have stated that you expect the birthrate the remain constant and you have given no reasons of any kind as to why.

You're missing the point again BF. A muslim man that has 100 wives, and fathers a child with each wife will undoubtedly raise 100 children in accordance to Islamic law. It doesn't matter how many bachelors were remaining as each wife has a muslim child. Do the math again BF.
So do you now agree that raising the issue of polygamy was a red herring and alarmist distraction?

Britain is; to all intents and purposes- "a secular society", is it not?. But can a secular society such as ours realistically remain secular?

Despite Christianity being the largest of the religions, it is closely followed by the fasting growing religion- Islam.

Isn't it just a matter of time before Britain succumbs to religious ruling? Islamic most probably since those of muslim faith that originate from africa and the middle east do tend to have much larger families than muslims from other regions not, not to mention none muslim and none religious.

This isn't a Bible bashing or Anti Islam post either before anyone asks, It's simply a straight forward question based on observation.

The UK has its head of state as the head of the church and 70% or more people describe themsleves as christian.

So the UK is not a secular state by any definition I know of.

BTW 3% consider themselves muslim.

Has my argument been proved mathematically flawed then, or are you just expressing your own personal opinion again?

It is my personal opinion that your argument has been proved mathemarically flawed. :D

You have also ben told by two other posters on here, that it is.

Has anyone actually posted in support of your 'dodgy maths'? :confused:

John X

Archived