Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

It isn't about Islam bashing, it's merely a debate about the likelihood of Islam becoming the major religion due to the increase of muslims in the UK resulting from higher birthrates, immigration and arranged marriages, polygamous or monogamous. Like I said, I consider Islam to be the fastest growing of all religions, with an steady increase of 33% every generation I don't see how you can disagree.

You're mixing up a lot of issues here, just because it's the 'fastest growing religion' doesn't mean it will become the biggest or indeed be able to exercise any political control.

The 33% increase related to a period of 20 years, the report didn't say it would increase compoundly ad infinitum and due to the relatively small Muslim population numbers compared to the non Muslim population it doesn't take many new members to increase the number of believers by a third.

But we follow British law. It would need an Islamic Revolution to turn over an evolved enlightened justice system that has been embedded for nearly 1,000 years. That's without even factoring in leaving the EU and their legal system.
Like I said, I never set a time scale, so, if Islam was to increase by 33% every generation there could well be an Islamic revolution within the UK.

What are you insinuating BF?.. What are you comparing the thugs in you analogy to?

It's an analogy danot, simply intended to demonstrate the ridiculous nature of your hypothesis.

Muslims are no more taking over or likely to than the BBC are likely to subjugate the population of Sheffield into becoming United supporters.

Like I said, I never set a time scale, so, if Islam was to increase by 33% every generation there could well be an Islamic revolution within the UK.

That rests on the assumption that all Muslims (or even a significant minority) would want would want such a thing.

Even discounting your amusing 'think of a number' approach to mathematics it's still a hopelessly vague and baseless fear.

The birthrate of Catholics is really quite high, but nobody seems to be worrying that they're about to take over the country.
Maybe because most people don't fear being called a sinner by a catholic, after all, it's not the catholic's that consider it honorable to command death on anyone who criticizes it's teachings.

My youngest son when he was a toddler grew at a much faster rate than his much older brother, but that evidence alone wasn't enough to predict whether he would be taller than his elder sibling.

Archived