Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

Having personally observed the importance of Islamic values and traditions among Muslims, I'd say it's highly probable. Just because a muslim doesn't live by Islamic values doesn't mean they won't judge others by those values. It's a religion don't forget.

Most religions have values- and many do try to pass these down to their kids and so forth.

I was listening to a Radio 5 debate this morning and although it was mainly on the Bible, there were different callers who were either from another religion or none- I heard the caller who classed himself as an atheist, say that one good thing religion had was the values they influence.

I'm not saying non religious persons have no values- of course they do, but the religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism (probably more) all have certain values- with many revolving around family and which one way or another stems from their books.

It isn't about Islam bashing, it's merely a debate about the likelihood of Islam becoming the major religion due to the increase of muslims in the UK resulting from higher birthrates, immigration and arranged marriages, polygamous or monogamous. Like I said, I consider Islam to be the fastest growing of all religions, with an steady increase of 33% every generation I don't see how you can disagree.

Maybe in the distant future there will be a convergence of East-West culture and ideals.

Perhaps they'll build a mosque at Brammall Lane and the faithful will be called ro worship United on Saturdays

Consider this then if you will.

According to the office of national statistics who's figures were obtained through the quarterly labour force survey of around 53,000 homes, there are more than 46.2 million Christians in Britain, but while the biggest majority is among the over 70 bracket, for muslims it is the under 4's.

..and how many millions of Muslims aged under 4 are there in the United Kingdom? How do you know how many will consider themselves Muslims when they reach the age of majority?

My youngest son when he was a toddler grew at a much faster rate than his much older brother, but that evidence alone wasn't enough to predict whether he would be taller than his elder sibling.
Toddlers tend to grow at a substantially quicker rate that teens or adults BF. ;)

Having personally observed the importance of Islamic values and traditions among Muslims, I'd say it's highly probable. Just because a muslim doesn't live by Islamic values doesn't mean they won't judge others by those values. It's a religion don't forget.

Have you observed the importance of Christian values and traditions amongst British people? Yet most choose not to go to church or evangelise as they're required to do. Why should Muslims evolve into anything different? They are subject to the same influences as the rest of us.

..and how many millions of Muslims aged under 4 are there in the United Kingdom? How do you know how many will consider themselves Muslims when they reach the age of majority?

Not sure but I bet it's more than 20

All of them, otherwise they will be totally disowned by their family at the very least.

Strange idea. I'm a 'sinner' in many religious eyes (Muslim included).

I drink, i smoke and i'm not married to the mother of my children.

Over the last four years, have a guess how many of the several jundred Muslims I know and have worked with have acalled me a sinner?

Go on, you know you want to...

Who cares if you are a sinner Halibut?

I think you are giving too much importance to other people's opinion.

I think you are giving too much importance to yourself.

Archived