Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

Hasn't this thread been closed by a muslim mod yet? You know we're not allowed to to talk about muslims, people might start to believe what they hear and since there's rarely anything good about muslims in the media ....

No, I'm not suggesting that you've made it up at all - I'm trying to understand what you think it means?

Are you suggesting Islam turns people away from their friends? I don't get it?

Can't say Islam turns people away from their friends every time, but it certainly did in this case, not just with me either he doesn't talk to any of us any more

But it isn't 'critical debate' is it? That's what most of us wanted, but you derailed your own thread. You've unashamedly ignored facts that have been presented to you in order to continue ploughing a pre-determined furrow.
What facts? All I've read is the accounts of those with differing views on Islam. It's hardly been discrediting factual evidence BF

Posted by boyfriday

They shouldn't and I don't believe I was suggesting they should, but arguing on the basis of suspicion and innuendo is about as critical as Katie Price offering an opinion on the Libyan crisis.

My argument is based on observation, not suspicion and innuendo.

Posted by boyfriday

Oh so it was the usual Islam/bible bashing thread then?

No, but I reserve the right to turn it into one. If you don't like it log-off, isn't that what many of you advice Graham to do when he doesn't like what he's reading?

Can't say Islam turns people away from their friends every time, but it certainly did in this case, not just with me either he doesn't talk to any of us any more

Fair enough, but it's still a big 'so what' from over here. He could just as well have give you the cold sholder because he'd become a Jehovah's Witness or moved to Australia.

Fair enough, but it's still a big 'so what' from over here. He could just as well have give you the cold sholder because he'd become a Jehovah's Witness or moved to Australia.

moved to Australia ? nah I wouldn't see him in the street there, however jovo - now you're talking, religious hocus pocus every time !

What facts? All I've read is the accounts of those with differing views on Islam. It's hardly been discrediting factual evidence BF
What about the statistical data? John X has produced a table that suggests the Muslim population will be no more than 10% of the total based on the 33% increase every 20 years which YOU were suggesting. That hardly places them in a position where they can influence the constitution does it?

My argument is based on observation, not suspicion and innuendo.

So it's entirely based on suspicion and innuendo, since what you observe is not what everyone else observes.

No, but I reserve the right to turn it into one.

That's fine, I've no problem dealing with you on that basis, however you set the tone of the thread when you said it wasn't a Muslim or Bible bashing one..remember?

If you don't like it log-off, isn't that what many of you advice Graham to do when he doesn't like what he's reading?

Don't like it? I love it fella, playing with you is like teasing a dog that's chasing it's tail!

Archived