Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

So if we're to believe some of the posts on this thread....the religious furvour of Muslims will decline as will the influence of Islam on society.

I have to say though, this omits any ackowledgement of some very basic and glaringly obvious occurances in our society.

Every indication points towards the opposite.

Sharia courts and councils where there was none. The introduction of Sharia compliant finance amongst our big financial institutions. Islamic schools and Madrasas where they didn't exist. More Mosques are being built, big ones - the rise of the Mega Mosque.

Common sense suggests this shows an upward trend in the religious fervour of Muslims. There was very little of this when first generation migrants arrived here from Islamic countries some decades ago, but Muslims born today are born into a society that provides much greater facilitation for their religion than previous generations had experienced, so the notion that within a couple more generations they will become less religious/more secularised, is somewhat contradicted by these current trends.

--

If he's not a lawyer bf how can he show you owt about English law without using links ?

You're quite right 0114, I realised the idiocy of my post after you highlighted it.

What I should have said was "forget the crazy, conspiracy theory/moral outrage right wing links"! ;)

You're talking about your perception of the position NOW, and extending that as a factual account of how things will be, that's what I'm disputing with you.
How they could be don't you mean?

Posted by boyfridayI've no interest in halal meat other than eating it, just like any other meat.
Likewise, some muslims have no interest in UK polygamy laws other than when divorcing their legitimate wife in order to bring another one into the country.

Posted by boyfriday

Where have I insisted that? I've said consistently throughout this thread that mistresses, wives, girlfriends etc can be regarded however they want to be by the participants in the relationship, however they won't be considered 'wives' in the context of English Law.

What makes you think they'd need to be?

So if we're to believe some of the posts on this thread....the religious furvour of Muslims will decline as will the influence of Islam on society.

I have to say though, this omits any ackowledgement of some very basic and glaringly obvious occurances in our society.

Every indication points towards the opposite.

Sharia courts and councils where there was none. The introduction of Sharia compliant finance amongst our big financial institutions. Islamic schools and Madrasas where they didn't exist. More Mosques are being built, big ones - the rise of the Mega Mosque.

Common sense suggests this shows an upward trend in the religious fervour of Muslims. There was very little of this when first generation migrants arrived here from Islamic countries some decades ago, but Muslims born today are born into a society that provides much greater facilitation for their religion than previous generations had experienced, so the notion that within a couple more generations they will become less religious/more secularised, is somewhat contradicted by these current trends.

--

Presumably it's because these services are required to cater for Muslims who are here now, who weren't here 20 years ago?

These edifices of Islam are being orchestrated by committed Muslims, people of an older generation, that isn't to say their children, grandchildren or great grandchildren will be as convinced by Islam as much as they are, as their developmental influences will have been totally different..or do you believe children are are only influenced by selective elements of the environments that surround them?

You're quite right 0114, I realised the idiocy of my post after you highlighted it.

What I should have said was "forget the crazy, conspiracy theory/moral outrage right wing links"! ;)

Yes depends what morning paper you read I suppose, although they all have their moments you'd think they'd maybe be prosecuted if they are printing false exaggerated information :|

The polygamy issue was mainly about the legality of such marriages within the UK. I didn't actually make any suggestion that would lead you to think I consider the birthrate in polygamous marriages to be higher than in monogamous one's.

Liar you made numerous posts attempting to argue that polygamy increases the birthrate:

It's you that appears to be overlooking the point BF. If one muslim man fathers, let's say, 12 kids with his 4 wives, he will undoubtedly raise them according to Islamic law, as would most muslim fathers I imagine.

Let's say six of his kids are male, once again, each son will undoubtedly raise their kids according to Islamic law also, which is why I consider Islam to be the fastest growing of all major religions.

No I don't. Although, I do think Islamic law being practiced by UK muslims s enabling some muslim men to farther children with multiple wives (recognized only by Islamic law) who raise his children in accordance with Islamic law. Do the math BF.

You're missing the point again BF. A muslim man that has 100 wives, and fathers a child with each wife will undoubtedly raise 100 children in accordance to Islamic law. It doesn't matter how many bachelors were remaining as each wife has a muslim child. Do the math again BF.

It's rather silly so blatantly lying and trying to rewrite history to gloss over your persistent stupidity when the posts are there for all to see.

Archived