Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

The rise is clearly due to immigration and an initially higher birthrate of many immigrant groups. The simple point which you and danot seem incapable of comprehending is that as with many things birthrates of immigrant groups are not completely immune to the influence of the society they are now in and tend to converge with that of wider society over time.

Well I wish that the birth rates of immigrant groups would converge with wider society a bit quicker because right now they're breeding like rabbits; stats show that the populaation of immigrant groups has been rising sharply.

fact- based on personal observation.

I know he was, this is what I find strange. He acknowledges halal meat but rejects polygamous marriages when both practices are the result of Islamic rituals.

You really are dim beyond belief!

Halal meat is perfectly legal in the UK, it's not a crime to produce it.

It is however illegal to enter into a marriage recognised under English Law with more than one person, as I said earlier if you want to 'marry' your six year old girlfriend and have a Labrador in a dog collar conduct the ceremony whilst various characters from the Teletubbies look on as witnesses that's entirely a matter for you and you can call your beloved what you want...but that doesn't mean she'll be your legally registered wife! Hence you wouldn't become a polygamist if you went on and married Anne Widdecombe at Westminster Cathedral.

Isn't there the press complaints commission ? didn't they start the action against the news of the world, sorry if i seem a bit way off here i'm just finishing my 5th can of red stripe hic !

The PCC has no legal powers and is funded by the newspapers it's supposed to moderate..you can imagine the conflicts of interest there!

Ps: You'll not get to sleep going to bed on Red Stripe fella, believe me I've tried it..hic! :gag:

Well I wish that the birth rates of immigrant groups would converge with wider society a bit quicker because right now they're breeding like rabbits; stats show that the populaation of immigrant groups has been rising sharply.

Ding dong, did you read what he said?

You really are dim beyond belief!

Halal meat is perfectly legal in the UK, it's not a crime to produce it.

It is however illegal to enter into a marriage recognised under English Law with more than one person, as I said earlier if you want to 'marry' your six year old girlfriend and have a Labrador in a dog collar conduct the ceremony whilst various characters from the Teletubbies look on as witnesses that's entirely a matter for you and you can call your beloved what you want...but that doesn't mean she'll be your legally registered wife! Hence you wouldn't become a polygamist if you went on and married Anne Widdecombe at Westminster Cathedral.

Talking of Halal meat, for it to be Halal, is it correct that the slaughter must be conducted by a Muslim? if so, and if Halal is to be the meat that is served up in every school, hospital and prison etc like predicted, where does this leave all the non-Halal abattoirs/butchers, they'll be redundant surely, it would mean an Islamic takeover of meat production in this country.

Y

But the mooooooslems do this all the time. I mean they go out of their way to do so. On benefits! They will take over by 2006.

Oh, wait. they didn't.

As an Englishman. I demand the right to marry my dog and have it bear a child because, muslims.

ETA: I think this is the dumbest OP that I ever read here.

Right children, lets do the maths then, based on your own claim:

The following makes two huge assumptions which are very unlikely, but mean that these figures are the absolute maximum they could be. In reality they would be a lot less! These assumptions are:

1. That only the Muslim population increases and that all other populations remain static (no growth no reduction)

2. That every new birth to Muslim parents results in a child who grows up to embrace and practice Islam.

Year...... Muslim population........ as %age of UK

2011......... 1.6 million ...................... 2.1 %

2031......... 2.12 million.................... 3.04%

2051......... 2.81 million.................... 4.02%

2071........ 3.73 million..................... 5.33%

2091........ 4.96 million..................... 7.08%

2111........ 6.59 million..................... 9.4%

Sorry about the dots but it was the only way to make the table look like a table! :D

Anyway, as can be clearly seen, if the Muslim population increases by 33% in every generation and all other populations remain static, the Muslim population would not even reach 10% of the UK total in one hundred years!

So can we have an end to this 'we are being swamped by Islam' and 'we will have Sharia law in 5 years time'. The only people have an interest in perpetuating this nonsense are the nasty little racists who have their own agenda. :suspect:

John X

All very interesting, but there's one thing you haven't considered. The Majority of muslims are under 4 years of age while the majority of Christians are the over 70's, so if anything, over the next thirty years,the muslim population is likely to increase at a far faster rate than it has been doing.

All very interesting, but there's one thing you haven't considered. The Majority of muslims are under 4 years of age while the majority of Christians are the over 70's, so if anything, over the next thirty years,the muslim population is likely to increase at a far faster rate than it has been doing.

Prepare to be eaten by four year old kids then, old man.

Come on Danot. Four year old kids? I didn't have a clue about color, religion, men, women when I was 4.

You must be a very sad individual if this is how you think.

Talking of Halal meat, for it to be Halal, is it correct that the slaughter must be conducted by a Muslim? if so, and if Halal is to be the meat that is served up in every school, hospital and prison etc like predicted, where does this leave all the non-Halal abattoirs/butchers, they'll be redundant surely, it would mean an Islamic takeover of meat production in this country.

No it would mean slaughterhouses would employ Muslims to conduct the ritual when the meat is being slaughtered.

Archived