Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

Well I certainly wouldn't consider voting for it, but what my children choose to do is entirely a matter for them, it will be their world, not mine and they could all be Muslim converts by then through choice, just as your kids could be-or would you forbid them from being so?
No I wouldn't forbid them from converting. Actually BF, my mums cousin Married a Muslim in the 70's, raised five children in accordance to Islamic teachings(who all consider themselves muslim even though all but one has been drinking, smoking, gambling etc behind there dads back since they were teens. My recollections of the abuse that my mothers cousin suffered at the hands of her husband, and her second eldest son sometimes aren't great I can tell you. She's dead now bless her.

Ooh, fancy that, danot having Muslim relatives. Who'd-a-thought it.

No I wouldn't forbid them from converting. Actually BF, my mums cousin Married a Muslim in the 70's, raised five children in accordance to Islamic teachings(who all consider themselves muslim even though all but one has been drinking, smoking, gambling etc behind there dads back since they were teens. My recollections of the abuse that my mothers cousin suffered at the hands of her husband, and her second eldest son sometimes aren't great I can tell you. She's dead now bless her.

Ooh, fancy that, danot having Muslim relatives. Who'd-a-thought it.

At least it explains some of yor antipathy towards Islam, but not all Muslims are the same as the one that married your mother's cousin.

What about the statistical data? John X has produced a table that suggests the Muslim population will be no more than 10% of the total based on the 33% increase every 20 years which YOU were suggesting. That hardly places them in a position where they can influence the constitution does it? So it's entirely based on suspicion and innuendo, since what you observe is not what everyone else observes.

That's fine, I've no problem dealing with you on that basis, however you set the tone of the thread when you said it wasn't a Muslim or Bible bashing one..remember?

Don't like it? I love it fella, playing with you is like teasing a dog that's chasing it's tail!

Were already past his 2051 prediction, and more than likely in a recount up to his 2071, you may have to take your socks off to re-do the maths.

All very interesting, but there's one thing you haven't considered. The Majority of muslims are under 4 years of age while the majority of Christians are the over 70's, so if anything, over the next thirty years,the muslim population is likely to increase at a far faster rate than it has been doing.

I love it!

I take YOUR estimated growth rate for the Muslim community and show that even at that rate with NO growth in any other population, the Islamic community would not even reach 10% in 100 years from now.

Your response is firstly to question my estimate of the current Muslim population, then you come up with the crazy claim above about 4 year old Muslims and 70 year old Christians! (was that factor not already included in your original 33% per generation claim and if not, why not?)

I'm starting to think now, that you are not interested in reality but your own hysterical prejudiced dislike for a certain section of our community.

You're clutching at straws fella! :D

John X

Congratulations for linking to a right wing extremist website, I suppose.

It only took you twenty pages to pluck up the courage?

You should have done it in the OP so that we could have all ignored it for the rubbish that it is.

Just because a view is "extreme" doesn't equate to it being rubbish, or any less credible when used in argument to support that argument. In the link, which isn't working, the Muslim peer, Baroness Warsi. Actually refers to attitudes similar to your own being responsible for poly makers turning a blind eye to such practices as polygamy due to cultural sensitivity. She explains in an interview with the BBC that this has prevented politicians from discussing the issue.

The Muslim peer, shadow minister for cohesion goes on to say that the issue isn't being taken seriously, she said she wanted registering all religious marriages should be considered to stop muslim men marrying more than one wife. The government denied the issue has been ignored and claimed it's policies were to prevent polygamous households forming.

There has been a failure on the part of the poly makers to respond to the situation, Baroness Warsi said.

Let me assure you, if I had something positive to say I'd say it.

Despite what you might think, I'm not completely bias towards western values.

You did miss the point.

A critical analysis of something does not mean that you analyse it whilst being negative towards it.

All very interesting, but there's one thing you haven't considered. The Majority of muslims are under 4 years of age while the majority of Christians are the over 70's, so if anything, over the next thirty years,the muslim population is likely to increase at a far faster rate than it has been doing.

I'll assume that this is another one of the 'facts' you've just made up, unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

Archived