Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

Polygamy is perfectly legal also, although like the government, you find it more convenient to be believe otherwise and simply refuse to recognize polygamous marriages insisting that the mumbo-jumbo Islamic practice isn't legally binding under UK law, even though a you're quite happy to recognize a similar mumbo-jumbo practice used to bless meat.

Can you not see that by rejecting one, you're inadvertently rejecting the other? Which raises the question- why can't any old butcher bless halal meat if it's just plain old meat in the eye's of the law, and why did you suggest in a earlier post that slaughterhouses maybe required to employ more muslims should fellow muslims continue to question the purity of their halal meat?.. Is it illegal to sell plain old meat as halal meat or something?

I'll bare that in mind.:rolleyes:

Have you found a reference to most Christians being over 70 yet?

It's highly probable that they will be though. Their kids too.

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in 30 years so saying 'It's highly probable" is a bit ridiculous.

Statements like that do not help your argument.

John X

I think you know I'm from Pitsmoor, then Firth Park - my observations from being 17 yrs old at Firth Park to when I go back there now have absolutely changed, changed so much I might as well be in Turkey, Afghanistan or pakistan, am I wrong to say that ? does that make me (hate saying this) a racist ? I don't think it does,
I don't think it does either, it's an observation of your personal experience and one that can be born out by facts.

You also didn't draw any negative conclusions from your observations. For what it's worth I lived on Skinnerthorpe Road in the early 70's, most of the faces around there then were West Indian, 30 years before that they were probably mainly white. Visiting my Gran in NGH last week I reflected to my Uncle how the area had changed ethnically, and it will probably be totally different again in another 40 years. That's what happens with immigrant communities, when they arrive here they congregate with each other, as they establish and improve they want the same things we do, a nice house in a safe environment and educated children-so move to areas where that can be facilitated.

If you look at some areas in Sheffield like Broomhall, in the 50's mainly white, in the 70's mainly Caribbean and now it's a leafy suburb largely reclaimed by aspiring young professionals and the middle classes, you can't buy a house in Broomhall now, where once they were giving them away.

it's fact that its changed so rapidly, when I see things like all the variety of shops in Firth Park vanishing and becoming takeaways and mini markets it saddens me.
Change saddens most of us 0114, but it's part of the human condition, it took me along time to get over my hair going grey and then disappearing (before Dozy says anything, I'm quite fond of the skinhead look now!), we get used to change, do you remember what used to be at the bottom of Moorfoot before the Manpower building was put up, or the brown piece of dereliction where Meadowhall Centre is now? Some may lament the change, but to my kids going to Meadowhall has positive connotations, whereas for me I still think of empty factories and urban decay.

Danots main assumption has been the birth rate of immigrants, if you use Firth Park as an example in my opinion I cannot disagree with him -

What about the immigrants who don't live in Firth Park? What about the birth rate of white folks on the Manor? Do you think they have more or less kids than I do? ;)

ps no red stripe left or i'd have necked them toooo !!!

Oh lordy!!

The fact that there are lots of brown faces in Firth Park doesn't mean immigrants have massive birth rates - it means lots of brown people choose to live in Firth Park.

Nothing to do with 'brown faces' HB they're muslims, muslims are black, brown, white, yellow pink and blue, but where did they all come from ? again only in my opinion in 25 years at a guess - only a guess, its gone from maybe 2% in 1986 to 40% at Firth Park - could the same be said about Tinsley, Darnall, Attercliffe, Nether Edge, Abbeydale? I don't know !

Nothing to do with 'brown faces' HB they're muslims, muslims are black, brown, white, yellow pink and blue, but where did they all come from ? again only in my opinion in 25 years at a guess - only a guess, its gone from maybe 2% in 1986 to 40% at Firth Park - could the same be said about Tinsley, Darnall, Attercliffe, Nether Edge, Abbeydale? I don't know !

Regardless of what colour they are - it's false logic to assume that their prevalence is to do with high birthrate.

Where did they come from? Various places, I expect!

How exactly are you identifying them then? Do they wear a badge that says Muslim?

Archived