Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

I think probably deduce that you were a harmless eccentric or out to make a political point and decide there wasn't anything worth arresting you over - or if you were aggressive and shouty about it they might do you for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Since wearing it isn't illegal yes, i think you'd be within your rights to refuse to take it off (provided you weren't in the bank or the passport control at the airport).

It might, but they'd be wrong to do so.

Yes I think it would.

I don't think so, since you wouldn't be committing an offence.

What's your point with all this?

It's three inches actually.

People who wear veils or carry Kirpals are subject to restriction; people can be asked to uncover their faces for security purposes such as at the bank or airport.

I'm sure people with Kirpals are asked to remove then in some circumstances too.

What I still fail to understand is why all this bothers you so much - if people have an innocent reason for carrying a knife be they you or me or Mr Singh down the road, we don't have a problem.

If the police suspect we don't have a good reason for carrying one, we may be arrested. If Mr Singh were to use his Kirpal to threaten anyone or to commit a robbery he'd be arrested. No problem.

If a woman chooses to wear a burqa, there's no real reason to suspect she's up to no good in the absence of any other evidence. It's not illegal.

If you choose to wear your balaclava on a hot day the police may well want to ask you why, but provided you have no malicious intent, no problem.

What's wrong with any of that?

I don't think we should debate this any further on this thread, we've been requested not to already. I'm willing to debate further on another thread though to prevent any action being taken.

If the police were to stop me in the street to ask why I always wear a balaclava, would you expect them to accept that I just like wearing balaclava's and bid me good day, or would you expect them to kindly request that I take it off before sending me on my way?

I think the police would realise that the balaclava is named after the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimea War when British, French and troops from the Muslim Ottoman Empire fought together. The police would therefore think you were tolerant of Muslim immigration and of European co-operation and beat you up for being an unpatriotic do-gooder. And the rest of us would have a good laugh.

I think the police would realise that the balaclava is named after the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimea War when British, French and troops from the Muslim Ottoman Empire fought together. The police would therefore think you were tolerant of Muslim immigration and of European co-operation and beat you up for being an unpatriotic do-gooder. And the rest of us would have a good laugh.

Which I'd report to PCC. ya bunch a bala-bashers.:loopy:

Not if it's obvious from the style of dress that your face is covered for religious, cultural or safety reasons. That's self evident isn't it?

Can a motorcyclist not be an armed robber as well as a biker?

Can a burqa wearer not be a terrorist as well as a muslim?

Archived