Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

That wasn't the question. I asked whether you would expect the police to act on any suspicions or gut feelings they might have about the mystery Niqab wearer (which is my son) then rightly or wrongly approach him to ask him to remove it. Do you think they'd take the risk knowing it might be an innocent muslim woman? Or would you expect them to leave it well alone due to 'cultural sensitivity'.
As I said earlier why speculate on the answer and by so doing create an impression of negative innuendo? I gave you a link to South Yorkshire Police, they can respond to issues relating to policy, after all you wouldn't want to be seen as raising the rabble would you? ;)

As I said earlier why speculate on the answer and by so doing create an impression of negative innuendo? I gave you a link to South Yorkshire Police, they can respond to issues relating to policy, after all you wouldn't want to be seen as raising the rabble would you? ;)
Is this the real reason behind Halibut and yourself claiming there's no double standard in religious face concealing head wear being exempt from random stop and check police procedures, because you don't want to be associated with someone raising the rabble?

It's a blatant double standard BF that can't be defended or justified on grounds of- "yeah, but the statistics on the Niqab being worn by criminals give police no reason to think Niqab wearers might be up to no good", it's a ridiculous stance to take. The Niqab poses no less of a risk to security than the balaclava, the motorcycle helmet or any other types of the various none religious or cultural face concealing garments, which why it's double standards.

The reason the Niqab is exempt from random stop and check police procedures is it's assumed it's a muslim that's wearing it, which the likes of you never question it seems. My reason for saying the Niqab poses risk to security is nobody knows who's wearing it, which is never considered by the likes of you. Double standards!!

My reason for saying the Niqab poses risk to security is nobody knows who's wearing it, which is never considered by the likes of you. Double standards!!

Your 'logic' becomes ever more bizarre.

Nobody knows who's wearing it?

Nobody knows who anyone is unless they ask; no - one knows who's wearing a motorcycle helmet or a balaclava either, unless they ask and find out.

Your 'argument' is utterly implausible.

The reason the Niqab is exempt from random stop and check police procedures is it's assumed it's a muslim that's wearing it, which the likes of you never question it seems.

I think you'll find that there's nothing written down anywhere which says 'people wearing niqabs must not be stopped and searched.'

It's rather more likely is it not, tat the coppers tend not be stop and search niqab wearers because they aren't associated with a propensity for crime.

Your 'logic' becomes ever more bizarre.

Nobody knows who's wearing it?

Nobody knows who anyone is unless they ask; no - one knows who's wearing a motorcycle helmet or a balaclava either, unless they ask and find out.

Your 'argument' is utterly implausible.

But this is exactly my point. A Niqab wearer wouldn't be randomly stopped by police and asked to reveal their identity would they, according to you, statistical evidence proves that they pose no risk to security doesn't it? You're not now trying arguing that police randomly and routinely stop Niqab wearers are you?

But this is exactly my point. A Niqab wearer wouldn't be randomly stopped by police and asked to reveal their identity would they, according to you, statistical evidence proves that they pose no risk to security doesn't it?

Probably not.

You're not now trying arguing that police randomly and routinely stop Niqab wearers are you?

No, of course not, are you?

I reckon it will only be a matter of time before someone robs a bank dressed in a Burka. I reckon there'll be a change in the law then.

Mind you the wrinkly, weather battered, blue blood shot eyes peeking out might be a give away...

Before some Minority Champion jumps on me for claiming Muslims can have blue eyes as well and to claim they don't is an act of gross racism. I know some Muslims have blue eyes.

I reckon it will only be a matter of time before someone robs a bank dress with Burka on. I reckon there'll be a change in the law then.

Mind you the wrinkly, weather battered, blue blood shot eyes peeking out might be a give away...

I know some Muslims have blue eyes, I was just saying..

Why would there need to be?

People have robbed banks wearing stockings over their heads and we didn't make stockings illegal - likewise with cartoon character masks, brown paper bags, crash helmets, false moustaches and almost any disguise you could think of.

Why would there need to be?

People have robbed banks wearing stockings over their heads and we didn't make stockings illegal - likewise with cartoon character masks, brown paper bags, crash helmets, false moustaches and almost any disguise you could think of.

Yes but you can't stand in line at the cashier dressed in a Mickey Mouse mask, it would kind of tip them off of your intention....:suspect:

I think you'll find that there's nothing written down anywhere which says 'people wearing niqabs must not be stopped and searched.'
I'm fully aware that this is the case Halibut as I've been stressing the point in my argument for goodness knows how long.

Posted by Halibut

It's rather more likely is it not, tat the coppers tend not be stop and search niqab wearers because they aren't associated with a propensity for crime.

Which corroborates my point Halibut. Coppers(you also)feel Niqab wearers pose no risk to security because they aren't to any great extent "associated with a propensity for crime", which in all likelihood is an accurate assumption. However, this isn't what I've been arguing, my argument is that the Niqab(not the wearer)poses risk to security as it's never questioned but always assumed that a Muslim woman is wearing it. This is why Niqab wearers are exempt from random stop and check police procedures, despite the police having no damn idea who it is that's wearing them.

Archived