Assuming Britain actually is a secular country- can it remain so?

danot

the majority of West Indian immigrants are fully accepted over here

..and before I forget-the problems that West Indian immigrants encountered weren't dissimilar from the ones Muslims encounter now, WI immigrants were far from accepted in the 50's & 60's.

I agree that Arican and Middle Eastern muslims might tend to have larger families but I maintain that it's very foolish to maintain that British muslim couples have eight children.

It's nothing more than ill educated guesswork.

I've worked in a predominantly Muslim area of sheffield for several years and I can assure you that of the many families (we're talking in the low hundreds here) I can't think of many that had more than four or five kids.

Serious question- how many wives were there in those marriages?

Those people don't live or procreate for ever you know.

As others have pointed out, 2nd and subsequent generations wouldn't necessarily follow the birth patterns of their immigrant forebears since the reasons for having large families aren't relevant to the UK.

I haven't mentioned immigrants, I'm only talking about the birthrate of muslims from specific regions.

What difference does that make, you don't have to be married to someone in order to procreate.
Of course you don't!.......you just wander round from woman to woman leaving a trail of kids behind you for the state to pick up the tab! lots of white guys are good at it,but black guys are legendry absentees!..One huge problem!!!

What difference does that make, you don't have to be married to someone in order to procreate.
The difference is in a muslim man having children with several wives who are all committed to honoring and respecting the wishes and religious rituals and traditions of their husband which they are equally committed(and lawfully obligated)to pass on to the children that their husband as fathered.:huh:

Of course you don't!.......you just wander round from woman to woman leaving a trail of kids behind you for the state to pick up the tab! lots of white guys are good at it,but black guys are legendry absentees!..One huge problem!!!

They may well be, but black guys are not universally Muslim, far from it.

The difference is in a muslim man having children with several wives who are all committed to honoring and respecting the wishes and religious rituals and traditions of their husband which they are equally committed(and lawfully obligated)to pass on to the children that their husband as fathered.:huh:

Polygamy is illegal in this country and such marriages are not recognised.

It makes a difference to the rate of increase in a population. If families average one mother and four children each, the population would double each generation; if they average two mothers and four children each, the population would remain static.

Archived