Christmas decorations on 3rd September. Give me a break.

If I ever get to be Prime Minister - which is probably less likely than meeting Elvis riding the Loch Ness Monster down Fargate admittedly - I'll enact a law.

No blooming Christmas decorations, promotions, free offers, this that and the other until *after* Remembrance Sunday. That still gives them a good six weeks and there is a certain sense of decorum in it I feel.

Otherwise it'll be "back to School" and "christmas" starting in April before long...

On Saturday we went to a restaurant that was in the process of erecting Christmas lights and decorations. Surely this is way too early. Is this the first Christmas decorations in Sheffield or has anyone seen others even earlier?

Don't be such a misery, christmas is the best time of the year.

If the trees go up in September, then the bright lights will lift the spirits for the next 3 gloomy months, lets have slade 'merry christmas' playing in the shops.

When it comes to christmas trees, then the more erections that take place in shops the better.

Don't be such a misery, christmas is the best time of the year.

If the trees go up in September, then the bright lights will lift the spirits for the next 3 gloomy months, lets have slade 'merry christmas' playing in the shops.

When it comes to christmas trees, then the more erections that take place in shops the better.

Normally I'm a fan of Noddy Holder's work, but that Merry Christmas song is annoying IMO! :rant:

Archived