Cameras in Court

looks like the government may be toying with the idea of having some court cases televised like they do in america, i think under certain cases such as kiddy fiddlers and serial killers it would be great, for someone who is a shop lifter then it would be pointless, does anyone else agree

Bad idea. We don't want US style courtroom nonsense over here. It's the thin end of the wedge.

Besides people seeing the sentencing without knowing the full context are still going to unable to make reasoned judgements about the appropriateness or otherwise of the sentence.

looks like the government may be toying with the idea of having some court cases televised like they do in america, i think under certain cases such as kiddy fiddlers and serial killers it would be great, for someone who is a shop lifter then it would be pointless, does anyone else agree

What would be great about it?

Are you thinking 'great enetertainment - loads of gory and salacious detail'?

I do hope not.

If you have a personal interest in a case, attend the court. If you do not, what purpose is served by watching it on TV? Unless someone has decided that selling TV rights might be a way to avoid the cuts to Legal Aid, I fail to see why time is being wasted on such a pointless idea.

Archived