Whats it like in Malia, Crete?

im going to malia on the 23rd of september does anyone know what its like at this time of year? weather? is it expensive? wheres best places to go at night? any info much apprechiated :)

i went in 1996 in july and it was like the wild west and very hot, i went again in 2001 in mid september and it was a lot quieter though still very hot, some places close mid september like everywhere else, but a lot stay open i think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that the places that are open will be competing more for your custom thus making it very affordable for drinks and food - lucky you i wish i was going have an ace time :)

what can I say, the very epitome of the English abroad. Drunken men (boys) staggering around, looking for easy sex and equally drunken girls showing all they`ve got, offering easy sex. Not the place for a good holiday

shes going late september its quiet then nothing like july or august

crete in general is fabulous (my favorite place on earth) - take a trip to spinalonga - amazing :D

malia is more of a younger persons holiday spot - all places have areas where the 18-30 crew hang out - malia is THE 18-30 spot in crete BUT not all places tolerate it. If you want more peace go to stalis (next town back towards the airport) quieter and more family orientated. Try the gyros - delightful.

Wish i was going to crete - but booked corfu instead this year - have a fabulous time and let me know how you got along

Archived