Anyone know a car that's cheap to run and on insurance?

Probably the cheapest car to run for a young driver is a Classic Mini 1000. Anything in the original mini shape will do. A newly qualified driver should be able to get insurance for £500-700 depending on post code etc.

They aren't the most comfortable cars the world has seen but you can get close on 50 mpg and parts for next to nothing.

Probably the cheapest car to run for a young driver is a Classic Mini 1000. Anything in the original mini shape will do. A newly qualified driver should be able to get insurance for £500-700 depending on post code etc.

They aren't the most comfortable cars the world has seen but you can get close on 50 mpg and parts for next to nothing.

Also you can't get a decent one for less than £2k. Prices have gone pretty mad as most have rusted away.

TBH even though my first 3 cars were Minis I wouldn't want my son/daughter to drive one today. The crash protection is pretty dire.

OP - whats your budget in total?

Archived