Sexually transmitted disease experiments by American government .

It is shameful that the American Government participated in such experiments. However, it isn't only the American government that participated in such activity. Many governments have done similar things....the British government, for example, tested mustard gas on Indians as revealed in this Guardian article from 2007:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/sep/01/india.military

British Naval doctors were accused of experimenting with radiation on patients:

http://www.whale.to/a/exp99.html

It goes on and on and not with just the US and UK governments. It just shows we are all as bad as each other.

It is shameful that the American Government participated in such experiments. However, it isn't only the American government that participated in such activity. Many governments have done similar things....the British government, for example, tested mustard gas on Indians as revealed in this Guardian article from 2007:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/sep/01/india.military

British Naval doctors were accused of experimenting with radiation on patients:

http://www.whale.to/a/exp99.html

It goes on and on and not with just the US and UK governments. It just shows we are all as bad as each other.

Just look at the depleted plutonium the Yanks splashed all over the desert in and around Iraq, giving their own troops illnesses.

They are all at it - Governments, who'd have em ?

Finally after decades of denial the American government has admitted and apologized for giving thousands of men women and orphan children sexually transmitted diseases!

Experiments which have been likened to the Nazi medical experiments were Carried out in Guatemala.

After experiments on kids - being involved on countless coups , wars ."regime changes " over the last fee decades has American government regime really changed ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-14751441

Tuskegee in the 30's ?

Everything 'evil' is deemed Nazi until the sheeple realise that Jews Muslims Commies Yanks and Brits pull exactly the same stunts.

The sheeple always seem so surprised !

You don't think that they have a prima facie case then?

I wouldn't give them anything. If they want to make a case of it come to the US and show hard proof if any of their disabilities they claim were caused by the experiments. Of course that might be somewhat difficult since they could well have contacted their diseases in some Guatamalan cat house since the the 1940s. That's a long time ago but of course there are plenty of shyster lawyers around who are always willing to try to make a fast buck out of just about anything

I wouldn't give them anything. If they want to make a case of it come to the US and show hard proof if any of their disabilities they claim were caused by the experiments. Of course that might be somewhat difficult since they could well have contacted their diseases in some Guatamalan cat house since the the 1940s. That's a long time ago but of course there are plenty of shyster lawyers around who are always willing to try to make a fast buck out of just about anything

"According to a US report released on Monday, 1,300 Guatemalans were infected without their knowledge to study the effects of penicillin.

US scientists knew they were violating ethical rules, the report found".

Not a good idea when you take into consideration the US's admittance and complicity. I may agree with you if those making the complaint were random subjects. If they are proved to be contaminated and also proved to be experimented on, then the dice will surely fall in favour of the complainants.

I guess a deal will be struck to avoid any further embarrassment.

"According to a US report released on Monday, 1,300 Guatemalans were infected without their knowledge to study the effects of penicillin.

US scientists knew they were violating ethical rules, the report found".

Not a good idea when you take into consideration the US's admittance and complicity. I may agree with you if those making the complaint were random subjects. If they are proved to be contaminated and also proved to be experimented on, then the dice will surely fall in favour of the complainants.

I guess a deal will be struck to avoid any further embarrassment.

I would like to know who these people are who release these "US Government reports" and of course Obama is the biggest knee jerk apologist since Jimmy Carter. I guess it's okay with him if the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a few more million dollars more just to get these people off our backs even if their claims might be dubious at best.

I would say that Viet vets who were exposed to agent orange and the families of other vets who were used in experiments in Nevada atomic tests in the 1950s have a better claim to compensation than a few aging Guatamalan fortune hunters

The federal government reassured everyone there were no health hazards from the nuclear testing in the '50's.

A movie shot in Utah a couple years after nuclear testing in the Nevada desert, exposed the cast and crew of The Conqueror to radiation, which resulted in nearly half of them developing or dying of cancer/related illnesses.

I would like to know who these people are who release these "US Government reports" and of course Obama is the biggest knee jerk apologist since Jimmy Carter. I guess it's okay with him if the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a few more million dollars more just to get these people off our backs even if their claims might be dubious at best.

I would say that Viet vets who were exposed to agent orange and the families of other vets who were used in experiments in Nevada atomic tests in the 1950s have a better claim to compensation than a few aging Guatamalan fortune hunters

It may be a case of you "knee jerking" especially if what they claim is true. If you stick needles in people with the result of diseases, and experiment on them with atomic weapons then they both equally have a right to claim...regardless of their nationality or involvement in conflict. So I would certainly disagree that one has a "better" claim than the other if both were at the most illegal, and at least..morally bankrupt.

The issue really should be governments messing with it's own citizens and citizens of other nations..not belly picking on who has more rights. That way you just fall right into the trap of defending the psychopaths at Capitol hill or Whitehall.

The concept of claim culture does seem to be coming full circle though.

Archived