Travellers to be evicted from Dale Farm, Essex

I was speaking in general.

These 'travellers' bought that piece of land (then broke planning laws but hey, lets forgive them that) but 99% of 'travellers' steal land, move onto it and then claim it as heir own.

:hihi::hihi:

You arent as good as halibut when it comes to trolling.

Your a little too obvious.

And you're too free and easy with made up 'facts' - like the one you made up about 99% of travellers stealing land.

You made it up.

If you dislike travellers, that's your perogative, but it makes you look pretty stupid if you need to make up facts to support your view.

How about letting them decide. They have a national council of gypsies, do they not? Have them decide.

Interesting notion. However any decisions they make will impact upon people who are not travelers. Let's say we do that and one of these crimes is committed against someone who is not a traveler whose laws should apply? The perpetrators or the victims?

jb

Laws only have to be obeyed by those who are part of society. Gypsies have opted out.

Can anyone opt out? How about I start my own mini society in the UK called The Way of the Barleycorn. It basically follows all the social norms currently in place with one exception. Members of my society no longer have to pay tax of any sort but are still able to reap all the benefits available to the society at large. How does that sound? Can I, by you're reasoning, so this?

jb

And you're too free and easy with made up 'facts' - like the one you made up about 99% of travellers stealing land.

You made it up.

If you dislike travellers, that's your perogative, but it makes you look pretty stupid if you need to make up facts to support your view.

Perhaps you could give us some real statistics since you seem to be in the know, any chance???

I am quite sure that you have misunderstood me;I thought they ended the series as the actor died.It was highly irreverent and deeply offensive to many of my Irish friends,hence their reliance on the Scottish borders for locations.

What a steaming pile of horse dung.

Location work for Father Ted was done mostly in County Clare, including locations at Ennis, Kilfenora, Ennistymon, and Kilnaboy. The Parochial House is McCormack's at Glenquin, on the Boston road from Kilnaboy.[9][10] The cinema featured in "The Passion Of St Tibulus" was the Ormonde Cinema, Greystones, County Wicklow[11] and "The Field", the location for Funland in "Good Luck, Father Ted", is in Portrane, North County Dublin. The 'Very dark caves' featured in "The Mainland" were the Aillwee caves in the Burren, County Clare. Some exterior shots for the episode "And God Created Woman" were filmed in Dún Laoghaire, South County Dublin. The opening sequence (including shots of the Plassey ship wreck) were filmed over Inis Oírr - the smallest of the Aran Islands. The interior scenes were recorded at LWT's The London Studios.

And of the hundreds of Irish people (mostly family) I know about 2 were offended, the rest loved it. You LOVE having an excuse to be offended don't you?

Archived