Travellers to be evicted from Dale Farm, Essex

Your assertion that 99% of travellers steal land is an obvious fiction.

If you want people to believe it and not regard you as just making things up to suit yourself ('lying' in common speech) then the onus is on you to prove it.

You can't of course - but then perhaps you should have thought of that before...

Are you able to prove that they are not thieves?

Because if you ask anybody who's lived in a village and found their lives turned upside down by a group of travellers moving into a local field, they might not share your opinion (and that's all the 'obvious fiction' is - your opinion).

Because if you ask anybody who's lived in a village and found their lives turned upside down by a group of travellers moving into a local field, they might not share your opinion (and that's all the 'obvious fiction' is - your opinion).

How dare you apply logic and fact in an argument on SF??

You must be a racist or a nutter,,

OR BOTH!!!:hihi:

You do not have to prove your innocent:roll:

How dare you apply logic and fact in an argument on SF??

hypothetical anecdotal evidence is neither fact nor logic.

Also, you've already demonstrated that you do not understand basic concepts of rational argument such as burden of proof, you are no authority on logic.

I think anger on here is misdirected, social norms rules and laws do not apply equally and I doubt ever had. If people wanted the above to apply equally they would not vote for the main political parties, as they all have ensured that the rules do not apply equally. The payoff must be worth it or these political parties would not get into power. Accept the fact that some cultures get more freedom in some areas than you and anger dissipates. If you don't like it vote another way.

You do not have to prove your innocent:roll:
They're not in a court of law here, we're comparing opinions.

Many (I would suggest most) people associate travellers with theft, fraud, shoddy workmanship, protection racketeering, tax evasion, uninsured vehicles and fly-tipped rubbish - among other character they bring to an area when they set up camp.

Is this reputation false? I've encountered a number of travellers, usually when they've been trying to steal something, or sell me something that's stolen, or trying to rip off me or my neighbours for awful sub-standard work. Or trying to apply a protection racket to parts of the Sheffield motor trade. I've known people in several communities that have suffered terribly from crime and filth when travellers have 'moved in'. I know Policemen who despair from the difficulties they have with all of the above.

Now, perhaps this is all just pure coincidence. Perhaps I, my work associates, neighbours, friends in other parts of the country, and the Police officers I know are all either mistaken or lying, and travellers are actually innocent victims of a false bad image.

Is that what you believe?

Your assertion that 99% of travellers steal land is an obvious fiction.

If you want people to believe it and not regard you as just making things up to suit yourself ('lying' in common speech) then the onus is on you to prove it.

You can't of course - but then perhaps you should have thought of that before...

Could you give us a percentage of the land that travellers use that is actually their own???

Archived